Is Winger dead ala transition to MLS?

Admin

I know this is soccer but we're still in NA and here having a mascot has nothing to do with professionalism. The four major sports have teams with mascots, there are some in the USL too.

Olympic games have mascots, WC also and they are the biggest sporting events. Do these events look less professional because of a f*cking mascot ? Some people exaggerate I think. WOW, mascot = absolutely mickey mouse team/league ? I'm not a fan of mascots neither, seriously, but calm down ! :)

I think it's safe to say the Montreal Canadiens are a very professional club. Did your opinion about the professionalism of the club change when they recycled Youppi into a Habs mascot ? Hey, I heard you the one at the back, you said this is hockey not soccer ? I say this is NA not Europe or anywhere else. People in NA (and their offspring like Richard said) LIKE mascots, so what ? There are way better criterias to assess the professionalism of a team/league than looking if there's any mascot left.

I know this is soccer but we're still in NA and here having a mascot has nothing to do with professionalism. The four major sports have teams with mascots, there are some in the USL too.

Olympic games have mascots, WC also and they are the biggest sporting events. Do these events look less professional because of a f*cking mascot ? Some people exaggerate I think. WOW, mascot = absolutely mickey mouse team/league ? I'm not a fan of mascots neither, seriously, but calm down ! :)

I think it's safe to say the Montreal Canadiens are a very professional club. Did your opinion about the professionalism of the club change when they recycled Youppi into a Habs mascot ? Hey, I heard you the one at the back, you said this is hockey not soccer ? I say this is NA not Europe or anywhere else. People in NA (and their offspring like Richard said) LIKE mascots, so what ? There are way better criterias to assess the professionalism of a team/league than looking if there's any mascot left.

Is the mascot at the Montreal Canadians games putting on a continuous kindergarten show infront of you the ENTIRE GAME?

I never said mascots are not professional. Winger and his act are not professional and will do nothing to attract the soccer loving crowd required to fill BC Place.

If the team wants a mascot...fine. Just make sure it is not winger.

I'd like to see something like the old BC Lion cheerleader Crazy George! As long as they keep the dumb bird amusing the kiddies I'm okay with it but if it wanders down to the southsiders end it will end up on the BBQ! Seriously only the Timbers with Timber Jim (and his successor) had it right.

I never said mascots are not professional. Winger and his act are not professional and will do nothing to attract the soccer loving crowd required to fill BC Place.

If the team wants a mascot...fine. Just make sure it is not winger.

Even winger is fine, just not during the game. In the concourse in some kid zone before, half time and after the game.

During the game I don't want to see it unless it is through the scope of my sniper rifle.

Even winger is fine, just not during the game. In the concourse in some kid zone before, half time and after the game.

During the game I don't want to see it unless it is through the scope of my sniper rifle.

Don't reveal your plans before you carry them out.

Mascots belong in the concourse, not anywhere near the pitch. Hopefully any MLS mascots (if they exist) are relegated far from the action.

Ok this might be a more reasonable version of what I am trying to say without sniper rifles and fire.

Archived