Wyn Belotte's Wiki

SeanKeay

Too bad he took down his website. That was a classic. Remember the video where he looks into the camera and says, "Kids, you could be the next Wyn Belotte." That is funny enough but he had it bilingual as well, separate French and English versions of the same video! :)

I kid you not, when I worked for the Lynx in 2005 Wyn asked me to help him with his site. Despite the fact I have no web creation experience, Wyn actually believed that people in Haiti would pay a $10 membership to be able to view his site. He was definitely a character.

I kid you not, when I worked for the Lynx in 2005 Wyn asked me to help him with his site. Despite the fact I have no web creation experience, Wyn actually believed that people in Haiti would pay a $10 membership to be able to view his site. He was definitely a character.

I guess that was due to his knowledge that the average Haitian has so much disposable income to spend on non-essentials like enabling the computer they don't have to access the website of obscure athletes of Haitian descent!

this is so funny... i went to high school with Wyn and when he came back from France to visit the people at school a year after he left, he was speaking French with an French accent, he made such clown out of himself.

I don't doubt he made a clown out of himself.

On a side not though, I have noticed several of our players pick up accents when playing overseas. I wonder if its conscious or just happens to everybody.

I don't doubt he made a clown out of himself.

On a side not though, I have noticed several of our players pick up accents when playing overseas. I wonder if its conscious or just happens to everybody.

If it happens in 1 year like Wyn and Whoregreaves it is conscious. If they are there for several years or more particularly at the same place they will probably naturally develop enough accent that we would hear it although a local would still hear that they were foreign. Nevertheless, once they return to Canada the accent should disappear pretty quickly and if it doesn't then they are mostly likely intentionally keeping it. When I lived in the southern US, I tried to avoid picking up their accent like the plague (since I neither like the southern accent nor the mentality/beliefs of many the people there) yet after about 2 years it started to get difficult and sometimes I was shocked by some of the expressions that I said without realizing it (first time I realized I said What y'aaalll doin I wanted to go shoot myself :) ). Whenever I returned to Canada it left pretty quickly though and now I have absolutely 0 southern accent.

Whenever I returned to Canada it left pretty quickly though and now I have absolutely 0 southern accent.

Well, we're just too polite to tell you the truth.

;)

Good one, Jamie. So that is why they always ask me here if I want grits with my poutine! :)

Good one, Jamie. So that is why they always ask me here if I want grits with my poutine! :)

My brother was in Washington DC doing a medical rotation there. His first day in the Cafeteria there were serving grits and he had never seen them before so he asked what they were.

Guy started yelling at him.

"AIN'T YOU NEVER BEEN IN THE ARMY BOY?"

"HOW COME YOU DON'TS KNOW WHAT GRITS IS"

"I am from Canada"

"SO THEY AINT GOT THE ARMY UP THERE WHAT KIND OF STATE AIN'T GOT NO GRITS AND ARMY"

Wyn is currently suspended for 6 games for abuse towards the officials. What a waste of talent it sounds like this guy good have gone somewhere.

I also remember him being twice the size of everyone else when we were young which also may have helped him look more dominant at that stage.

no homo ;)

Archived