Rumors of Second DP, What is Preki doing?

Trax

First of all I gotta say I am huge fan of Preki both as a coach and player. But I wont be biased here.

As you might have read, Garber has announced that there might be room for a second DP in each team pretty soon.

http://63.241.122.40/content/garber-second-dp-decision-coming-shortly

No time has yet been announced but this make me raise one very big Question:

Has TFC's mowed their roster to make room for a big DP? If so, who?

Than again if this is what they are doing, would it not be better to try and get a few Canadian internationals, Hell I would love to see Hutchinson playing for TFC.

Whatever they do, they need to get their roster working together very soon if they want to create a good cohesion within their group before the end of the season.

If a second dp was allowed who would TFC get?

My vote is for Iain Hume, since they badly need help in the front, but I would love to see Hutchinson play in Toronto.

I read speculation that Hume makes in the neighbourhood of 7000 UKP per week, plus bonuses. If accurate (and it may not be) that is a base of 570 000$ per year Canadian.

This isn't a comment on the likelihood of Hume as a DP.

No, I wasn't suggesting he wasn't making DP money in Europe, but would is he worth that money in the MLS.

He very well could be, he is my favourite Canadian player out there. He would fit Preki's model of a striker, and he can finish especially late in games.

I would like to see him over, but I would expect he would half to take less than he would make in CCC.

Hutchinson makes no sense for TFC, and with Blackburn and Stoke keen on signing him this summer my bet is to see him in the EPL next season.

Hume is a decent player but clearly not DP worthy and I feel like not a player Preki would want as a DP (despite his interview talking about wanting a striker who works on both sides of the ball and is fit blah blah..) I feel like Preki is going to go for a player more akin to DeRosario...someone who can create chances out of nothing.

Question, does this hypothetical DP count against the cap?

Why even get a second DP. I'd rather the cap hit be used on acquiring depth players, or a striker and winger. A second DP might get us one striker or one winger but not both.

Yeah, I tend to agree especially the way TFC seems to lack cap room to keep a full squad. I a couple quality complimentary players on the offensive side (i.e. Striker/Winger) for JDG and DeRo is what they really need that and a stable back line and TFC is a playoff team.

Some players who were waived that might fit the bill if it's possible to acquire them. Pat Noonan I think could be a very effective with TFC in the attack a versatile forward. Danny Szetela a another mid player, but one capable of allowing pushing Cronin from the RM spot back to his natural central spot int he midfield and Peterson to fully heal up. Aaron Pitchkolan a adequate MLS central defender since we missed out on Cann he's seems like a suitable back-up plan. Plus CMNT Antonio Ribeiro is also out there and coul provide depth in the attacking front of the ball, verastile mid player.

Archived