OLD NASL on ESPN-CLASSIC

Guest Ed

Anybody happen to catch the two hour-long films, made around 2002-ish, on North American soccer from its roots thru to 2002 or so. Made by Dale Barnes, past pres of the CSL (90's edition).

Very interesting. I caught the last 10 minutes or so of the 1st hour, which featured soccer thru the 50's I guess. The second hour was very informative - focusing on the 60's and Toronto city, the birth and death of the original NASL (68 thru 84), the CSL and its demise and more, up to the early 2000's and the A-League.

Exactly. I was playing and working so much in the years of the CSL, traveling a lot as well. I went to a few Brickmen games as I lived in Edmonton at the beginning, but with no internet back then, a lot of that film was news to me. Reflects quite badly on the CSA, even bearing in mind it was produced by a man who thought they'd done him wrong. Teflon was front and centre.

Reflects quite badly on the CSA, even bearing in mind it was produced by a man who thought they'd done him wrong. Teflon was front and centre.

Was that when Dale Barnes says the CSA could have saved the CSL with a $1 registration fee increase?

Archived