Gold Cup 2011 and beyond

shawn_strat

Has the CSA considered hosting the Gold Cup in the future? As far as I can tell it has always been in the States, and occasionally some matches were held in Mexico.

I would love to see some games here.

US has it locked up, with no prospect of moving it. It'd be nice to see the CSA try to get it, but fat chance.

That's why you got the dead horse thing.

I think the CSA is more looking towards hosting the Women's World Cup in 2015 than anything else at the moment. Any thought of hosting a Gold Cup or even a group in the Gold Cup will probably have to wait until after the 2015 bid.

I think the CSA should bid for Gold Cup 2011 . I can back up my first statement by saying Caribbean Football Union the Caribbean's governing body have awarded Martinique to host the Caribbean Nations Cup . You may say 'what' well its a first time a francophone country or any french speaking Caribbean country (including haiti) will host the event , all the other Caribbean Nations Cup were held in english speaking Nations of Port of spain(Trinidad) Kingston (Jamaica) and Bridgetown(Barbados) .

What am saying is , if CSA place a Bid they will probably get it because they have adequate facilities to host the event and sponsors all across North America will follow , Jack Warner President of CFU , Concacaf & FIFA VP may give Canada if Canada

bid the same way he has done to the Martinique Bid in CFU .

^ For many of the reasons already mentioned on here, I just can't see Canada being awarded the whole tournament! Hosting a group is a different story, it could be a real success! Who knows maybe after showing Jack that it can work here bigger things will follow! I'm skeptical that we would ever even see a group of the Gold Cup played here, even though it makes sense!

^ For many of the reasons already mentioned on here, I just can't see Canada being awarded the whole tournament! Hosting a group is a different story, it could be a real success! Who knows maybe after showing Jack that it can work here bigger things will follow! I'm skeptical that we would ever even see a group of the Gold Cup played here, even though it makes sense!

yeah if it happen's it will have to start as justa group to prove we can fill the stadiums and make a profit. Only then will we have a chance to get the whole tourney.

• 1 month later...

I think the idea of scattering teams across the country like they did last year was such nonsense. Imagine having to purchase plane tickets, fly all over the states to support Canada = lots of travel expenses. CONCACAF again not making sense. If the CSA were to land a group with the MNT they can surely get people in the seats includ ex pats from the other nations at BMO, Saputo. Sadly the Americans have their giant stadiums which although are not sold out during a group match (excl Mex USA) the attendance surpasses a 13,000 Saputo st.

Wasn't the 2009 tournament suppose to go to us?
Did we even ask for it? There were some documents floating around a couple of years ago where someone was seeking federal funds for the tournament ... but nothing more.

Best hope in the short-term, is that a single group get's placed in Toronto; they'd likely get more $$$ from ticket sales than what happens now. Now if only we could find a way to sell the extra $$$ to Jack Warner ...

I notice every Gold Cup you have teams going from one end of the States to the other, In 2009 I remember Canada starting in L.A, then playing in Columbus Ohio, and then finishing off in Philly. that is a lot of travel and 3 time zones, While the U.S. practically stayed in the New York Boston area, Kind of unfair don't you think. I also notice a lot of empty seats in matches that do not INVOLVE the U.S. or Mexico. I cannot see why both BMO or Saputo should be shut out. Even a game between Jamiaca v Trinadad would sell out in TO in a blink of an Eye, Same with Honduras v Haiti or Guadaloupe in Montreal.

Did we even ask for it? There were some documents floating around a couple of years ago where someone was seeking federal funds for the tournament ... but nothing more.

Best hope in the short-term, is that a single group get's placed in Toronto; they'd likely get more $$$ from ticket sales than what happens now. Now if only we could find a way to sell the extra $$$ to Jack Warner ...

Yeah, one group at BMO with Canada hosting would be awesome.

Archived