Transfers: TFC vs. Rest of MLS

Tuscan

That seems very strange if true, this guy has been a dynamo in Holland. With guys like JDG, Cronin and DeRo to set him up Nkufo could of put up 15+ goals. He is probably on paper top 5 maybe 3 strikers in the MLS now.

Mehhhhh maybe a reach there I think he will pot 10+ in MLS. He is getting older so we'll have to see but he did lead Switzerland in goals in WCQ! I'd probably put him in the top 5 MLS strikers too, thats not really saying much though seriously I was thinking no way he would be a top 5 striker here and then I look around the league and wow there really are no top strikers outside the obvious (Donovan, Angel).... Cunningham?! hahahah Casey?! hahaha gotta laugh at TFC its too funny when they are scrambling for a striker and we are debating the top 5 in MLS and 3 of the top strikers in MLS slipped right through Toronto's fingers. I hated Cunningham though so not really complaining its just pretty funny how well he's done

Well now that Robbo is gone hopefully TFC will be able to sign a DECENT STRIKER who at least has a record of scoring! Seriously, watching the interview with Preki and how he mentioned there are a few more trialists to try out almost gave me an aneurysm.

I still am at a loss to understand why TFC has to trial 99% of the players they sign while the rest of MLS seems to be comfortable with signing some players without a trial.

I guess if you bring the guy to camp, it just makes it easier for Mo Johnston to be lazy. Too bad there's an entire market of players out there who's agents always advice them not to trial unless the gig is really good (and aren't represented by Barry McLean).

Mehhhhh maybe a reach there I think he will pot 10+ in MLS. He is getting older so we'll have to see but he did lead Switzerland in goals in WCQ! I'd probably put him in the top 5 MLS strikers too, thats not really saying much though seriously I was thinking no way he would be a top 5 striker here and then I look around the league and wow there really are no top strikers outside the obvious (Donovan, Angel).... Cunningham?! hahahah Casey?! hahaha gotta laugh at TFC its too funny when they are scrambling for a striker and we are debating the top 5 in MLS and 3 of the top strikers in MLS slipped right through Toronto's fingers. I hated Cunningham though so not really complaining its just pretty funny how well he's done

Yeah, well he's put up 15+ every year since 03/04 in the Erevidise and with Ljundberg, Montero and co. in company, I would put my money on over 15 in the MLS if their was an over/under on it. Even with Cronin, JDG and DeRo I think I'd still do it. I watch a lot of Eredivise as I'm a big Ajax fan, and Nkufo/Kufo/N'Kufo is well suited for the MLS, He will be able to stand up to any defender in the league. Will get on to a lot of balls in the air in the box. Plus he is mobile for his size. Sounders will be a great fit for him; as they have some very quick and capable wingers to plac eon his sides to reek havoc on defense box positioning by defenders.

Nonetheless, I'm sure I'll get to see him in a couple games live; as last year I really enjoyed catching a couple Sounders games at Quest.

With Cunningham, it was matter of who surrounded him in TFC. he needs around 10 clean chances to score once maybe more some days. TFC couldn't consistently give him hose chances. If Cunningham was on our team next year I say could around 12. A full season of JDG and DeRo should yield good results and plenty of beautifully placed through passes and lobs.

Well its not like Cunningham was playing good for TFC I never tried as far as I seen, he would score a goal and get a yellow card

I was happy to see him go TFc needs players that want to play for the team and not for themselfs. Its funny how Cunningham found his scoring touch and a lot of his goals last years were on second efforts or flat out using his speed two things he rarly showed at TFC

Archived