CSL expands to Brantford and Milton

Milltown FC's 1st ever open tryouts are coming up next weekend (March 27-28 in Milton, Ontario)

Tryout Registration Details are posted here:

http://www.milltownfc.com/?page=tryouts

Link to press release announcing tryouts here:

http://www.milltownfc.com/index.php?page=article&ID=12

So far, the number of pre-registrations for the tryouts has been overwhelming. We are quite pleased.

Is this the registration before the registration?

All jokes aside, sounds great.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ we are trying to get players to pre-register in advance of the weekend of March 27-28 so that when they show up, we have everything ready and the process can be as smooth as possible. We have ALOT of guys who have registered, which is great because we have both a 1st team and a U21 Reserve squad to populate.

More good CSL News

THE MONTREAL IMPACT ACADEMY IS CREATED MONTREAL

The Montreal Impact FC announced Wednesday the acquisition of a Canadian Soccer League (CSL) franchise and the creation of the Montreal Impact Academy, which will become the Montreal club's reserve team.

The new franchise will evolve in the CSL as of the 2010 season and will have its home at Saputo Stadium.

This represents the first step in the creation of a development program within the club. The main objective of the Academy will be the development of Quebec players aged 17 to 21 within the club's professional environment. "We are taking today a further step towards the development of young players within our organization," declared Joey Saputo, President of the Montreal Impact and Saputo Stadium. "We are taking full control of our reserve team to favour the growth of our local talent. By mixing with the first team players and by playing on the same field, the Impact will offer to its young players the best possible conditions to enhance their training experience. I wish to thank the community and the City of Trois-Rivières for their support in the last years."

The Montreal club will manage the Academy's technical, financial and operations-related activities. The Impact has moreover announced the nomination of Philippe Eullaffroy as head coach of the reserve team. He becomes the first director of player development to be hired full-time by the club. Eullaffroy will be assisted by Oliver Brett.

In 2009, in his first season as head coach of the Attak, Phillipe Eullaffroy led the team to the regular season championship, as well as to the first playoff championship in club history, October 25, 2009, versus the Serbian Eagles.

"Philippe demonstrated last year that he can work with a group of young players and that he is able to successfully develop them, as much on an individual basis than within a club's mentality," declared Impact technical director Nick De Santis. "He has gained a lot of experience, having notably worked at the training centers of Troyes and Reims." The 2010 season calendar in the CSL will be unveiled shortly. The cost to attend the Academy's matches at Saputo Stadium will be of only $2.

So it's really not a new team, just a moved one to where there are better facilities and more people. It's a positive for player development, but it's sucks for the people of TR.

Agreed, it would suck for folks in Trois-Rivières, but it would be slightly better for road games for the rest of the league. TR is between Quebec City and Montreal off the 40 ... it would be a couple hours closer for all the S.Ontario teams if the Academy was in Montreal.

Its not that big of a difference, but it would certainly help the Impact Academy, since they'll be making regular trips to S.Ontario (both cost and travel fatigue)... it would definetely help some of the weaker clubs that have financial issues. Also, more regular alternative modes of transport from Toronto-Montreal, than to Trois-Rivières, if say, a bus breaks down!

^ to be clear, I do feel really badly for the good folks in TR who supported the Attak so well.

However, overall, it is good for the CSL (my opinion only) to have its Quebec entrant based in the beautiful city of Montreal, playing out of the lovely Stade Saputo and carrying the Impact name.

the Quebec road trip is always a highlight for the Ontario teams because the fan support was so good. Now it will be a slightly bigger highlight to be able to play at one of Canada's best soccer specific facilities.

FC HAMILTON CROATIA CSL and CSL RESERVE TEAM TRYOUTS

FC Hamilton Croatia will be holding open tryouts on Saturday, March 27th from 2-3:30 pm. The tryout will take place at the brand new Player Paradise facility in Stoney Creek. The cost to tryout will be $20 (cash only) and registration will begin at 1:30 p.m.

IMPORTANT: All participants must register prior to attending by emailing their personal information — name, address, phone number, emergency contact, and a player bio which includes the most recent team played for.

All players registering younger than 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who has the authority to sign the waiver form prior to taking part in the tryouts.

Please contact csl@hamiltoncroatia.com if you are interested in attending the tryouts or have any other questions or concerns.

I was in the Stoney Creek area last week and passed by Players Paradise. I didn’t have time to check out the inside but it looks like a great facility.

I am under the impression that it is owned and operated by H.C, can you confirm this Hammer? If so, that is a great step for H.C, more CSL team should follow suit. Having their own training facility, office space ect really boost the professionalism of the club. Not a fan of the name however..a nice traditional name would be nice.

I was in the Stoney Creek area last week and passed by Players Paradise. I didn’t have time to check out the inside but it looks like a great facility.

I am under the impression that it is owned and operated by H.C, can you confirm this Hammer? If so, that is a great step for H.C, more CSL team should follow suit. Having their own training facility, office space ect really boost the professionalism of the club. Not a fan of the name however..a nice traditional name would be nice.

Player Paradise is indeed a wonderful new facility. It is not owned by H.C. It is owned by local business interests (Mazza Family I think)

Hi Guys

Some news from Milltown FC:

- Our official Crest has been released. You can see it now posted on www.milltownfc.com

- Open Tryouts are taking this weekend in Milton (March 27-28). Over 200 players have registered. We expect about 120-130 to actually attend. Saturday is going to be a bit hectic but Sunday should be very interesting as we try to find 35 or more players to bring with us to training camp.

- We are hosting an official `Team Launch event in Milton on April 3rd, which will also feature the official signing of the affiliation agreement with Milton Youth Soccer Club. Any V`s in the GTA that wish to attend (I hope some will) should get details on our website:

http://www.milltownfc.com/index.php?page=article&ID=15

If you plan to attend, please RSVP at rsvp(at)milltownfc.com.

Training camp kicks off April 5th.

I'm off to tryouts very soon....we've had over 200 players pre-register. we're expecting about 100-125 to ultimately make the trip. i know for sure that some players have come from out of province/out of country for the opportunity. we'll see how that goes.

We'll document how the tryouts went to keep everyone in the loop

Thanks for the updates on Milltown FC. Looking forward to see this team get put together. I would love to come to the team lunch on the 3rd but will not in the country, hopefully they'll be some other Voyageurs representing there.

On the Branford front, the city seems to have a 5K plan to fix up Lions Park. I highly doubt that kind of money will even put a dent into some of the problems at the field. It such a highly-used community field, I don't see it ever being up to professional standards. And that(professional standards) is something the CSL must achieve in order to be viewed as Division III professional soccer.

I'm off to tryouts very soon....we've had over 200 players pre-register. we're expecting about 100-125 to ultimately make the trip. i know for sure that some players have come from out of province/out of country for the opportunity. we'll see how that goes.

We'll document how the tryouts went to keep everyone in the loop

VPjr - Just out how far afield have some of the players come from? Also, very impressed with the logo and looking forward seeing the other pieces of the team come together!

we had a couple of players come from Europe, 3 from Ottawa, 1 from Montreal and 2 from Bahamas

Training camp starts Monday, April 5....right now we have about 32 players coming to camp. we hope to be able to announce our first official player signing in the next 10-14 days.

BurgerKing, glad you like the crest. i'm happy with it too...I love our colour scheme

Another reminder for all GTA voyageurs:

Milltown FC is hosting an official `Club Launch" event in Milton on April 3rd, which will also feature the official signing of the affiliation agreement with Milton Youth Soccer Club.

I know it is Easter weekend but any V`s in the GTA that are free and wish to attend (I hope some will) are certainly welcome

Details are on our website:

http://www.milltownfc.com/index.php?page=article&ID=15

Wow, just checked Milltowns' staff and its top notch! You have two guys with previous 'professional' experience in Dino and Lino - at the top. You have a very qualified coach in Rafael Carbajal (dont know what happened with the White Eagles though). And you have a well known trainer in Pacione. Great infrastructure!

Archived