Asmir Begovic - Stoke and NOT playing for Canada - This Sunday on Full-Time

Full-Time

We know that Asmir Begovic decided not to play for Canada... on Sunday evening, we find out why he chose Bosnia over Canada. He will also discuss his move to Stoke City.

Full-Time: Vancouver's Soccer Show is broadcast on Sunday evening on the TEAM 1040 Sports Radio in Vancouver, Canada. Heard at 1040am or online at http://www.teamradio.ca

http://www.teamradio.ca/shows/soccer_show/index.php?

I'm interested to see what he has to say for himself.

Isn't there a Bosnian website you can post this advert on? Please remove from the national team forum mods!! I might have a song in me.

While I respect you Ed, I actually disagree with you. I think it fits in with this national team forum post. It is a player that decided to not play for the Canadian National Team, thus making it fit perfectly with a section about the Canadian National team.

Ask him this:

"If you could give a message to Canadian soccer fans who supported you throughout your career only to see you switch to Bosnia, what would it be?"

or

"Did Bosnia show any interest in you when you were playing for La Louviere, Macclesfield Town, Yoevil Town, or Ipswich Town and were getting caps with Canada's U20s?"

Thanks

Ask him this:

"If you could give a message to Canadian soccer fans who supported you throughout your career only to see you switch to Bosnia, what would it be?"

or

"Did Bosnia show any interest in you when you were playing for La Louviere, Macclesfield Town, Yoevil Town, or Ipswich Town and were getting caps with Canada's U20s?"

Thanks

I like your first question. As for the second, I guess they couldn't since he was cap-tied to Canada since January 2005.

Football, career considerations and family influenced decision. I will give him credit for at least coming on and answering the questions. Not very impressive responses in my opinion though. I like the fact that these interviewers are not afraid to ask tough questions and tell it like it is when analyzing the interview.

Hart mentions that they tried to get a friendly during the March FIFA date but the short 72 hour time period of the break made it too hard to get everyone together.

Another interesting point from the show is the interview with Niendorf in which they talk about Begovic's fellow traitor Owen Hargreaves. With all the talk about OH being dropped from the U16 team years ago as justification for his defection, it is interesting that Niendorf says that as a youth Hargreaves wasn't that exceptional of a talent but was just really focused and dedicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived