Jan 31st 2010 Canada - Jamaica game thread (R)

loyola

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have identified a good goalie for future campaigns and he has passed his first test very well. We also know from the commentators that JDG needs to play up or the other team takes over midfield. 5 new players capped and some good experience for all. A win would have been great a tie okay but doesn't look like we get anything other than some "other considerations".

Cheers

So we have identified a good goalie for future campaigns and he has passed his first test very well. We also know from the commentators that JDG needs to play up or the other team takes over midfield. 5 new players capped and some good experience for all. A win would have been great a tie okay but doesn't look like we get anything other than some "other considerations".

Cheers

I would agree. Your most skilled player (de Guzman) should play a more offensive role than his holding mid role. Yep, it's a friendly ....

I can live with today's result, it's more important that players like Nana and Randy got time in the shirt.

Wow there's 66 "guests" viewing this thread. Can't remember the last time that many read the same thread at the same time on here.

I know it was closer to a C team than an A team and Jamaica is a difficult place to play. And I know that a lot of young players got capped which is good & it sounds like Monsalve had a nice debut in our weakest position.

But that's 4 and a half games now in a row under Hart without a goal. Yes, they've all been road/neutral site games, but I'm not enthused by this aspect. In fact I'm somewhat sick of it.

I know it was closer to a C team than an A team and Jamaica is a difficult place to play. And I know that a lot of young players got capped which is good & it sounds like Monsalve had a nice debut in our weakest position.

But that's 4 and a half games now in a row under Hart without a goal. Yes, they've all been road/neutral site games, but I'm not enthused by this aspect. In fact I'm somewhat sick of it.

Yes I completely disagree with the opinion that this is just a B team friendly and we capped some young guys so who cares about the result. That is the typical type of Canadian/CSA soccer attitude that has brought us to constant failure. Hart needs to be under the gun like any other international coach in a soccer country would be. Yes he needs time to sort out his players and do various prepatory work. Yes it is way to early to be calling for his head. Yet this is 3 games in a row that we have both lost and played very poorly and that is not acceptable. In the next year his results need to improve dramatically or we should be looking for a new more experienced and qualified head coach.

About the only positive from this match was that Monsalve seemed to play well and to have put himself in contention as a serious national team keeper. It is worrying that the only other players who seem to have played well were DeGuzman and Jazic.

that's a decent positive, jazic was given the armband and stepped up

Except I don't really see Jazic being much more than injury cover in our next WCQ. If he were a few years younger and playing at his peak form it would be more of a positive but he seems to be slowing down and near the end of his career. I have no problem with him being given the captaincy for this game but like I said I don't see him as a key member of the team come next WCQ.

Pretty make-shift lineup with six off-season MLS players starting and lot of other guys with very few if any caps. I don't mind the lack of a result at all. Get a look at some different players with looking to upgrade some areas over the next year.

Except I don't really see Jazic being much more than injury cover in our next WCQ. If he were a few years younger and playing at his peak form it would be more of a positive but he seems to be slowing down and near the end of his career.
Jazic will be 38 for the next world cup. He'll be 36 when qualifying starts.

Archived