Jan 31st 2010 Canada - Jamaica game thread (R)

loyola

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the JFF website. Public service announcement

January 29th, 2010

Jamaica vs.Canada

Public Advisory from The Jamaica Football Federation

The Jamaica Football Federation wishes to advise members of the public that tickets for the Jamaica vs. Canada friendly international game on Sunday, January 31, 2010 will not be sold at the National Stadium on the day of the game.

Patrons are asked to adhere to the Public Advisory from the Constabulary Force regarding traffic protocols for the match.

We also ask that patrons adhere to the following guidelines for their safety:

- No offensive weapons are allowed inside the stadium

- No umbrellas with sharp tips are allowed inside the stadium

- No pyrotechnics/fireworks etc. are allowed inside the stadium

- No igloos are allowed inside the stadium- Throwing of objects is disallowed.

- Patrons are to be seated in accordance with their ticket assignments

- No patron should be seated in the aisles.

- Patrons are asked to remain seated and not block stairways and exits.

That's pretty funny. I wish we could find a CSA public announcement saying no Ganja or no dreadlocks allowed in the stadium

That's pretty funny. I wish we could find a CSA public announcement saying no Ganja or no dreadlocks allowed in the stadium

isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? (or something like that) your probably just as likely to get a funny whiff at a game here as there

From the JFF website. Public service announcement

January 29th, 2010

Jamaica vs.Canada

Public Advisory from The Jamaica Football Federation

- No igloos are allowed inside the stadium- Throwing of objects is disallowed.

hahah this has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while...classic stuff by the JFF. great find razcle

Is it too early to say "sack Hart, hire Dale Mitchell"?

You're joking. But I don't think we have reason to expect more from a midfield consisting of Ribeiro/Cann, Wassey, Hemming, and Ademolu.

Except that the Jamaica lineup is pretty weak as well. I do think we should expect a better performance from this team than seems to have been the case in the first half.

didn't we lose to them 3-0 in jamaica during WCQ....easy on the panic button there big guy....it's just a game

In a WCQ tournament, it's important to win games at home and tie or win when you play away. So if we tie them tonight it's a good sign since we lose all away games in the last WCQ.

Yukon Red?

Geez, if it wasn't for the pic I'd have assumed that Yukon Red was some serious grow-op herb.

oh we have that too ; )

i have to admit, two of the 5 CMNT games i've seen in Toronto have been against Jamaica. maybe that's where my feelings come from. but of all concacaf countries there is hardly one i'd like to beat up on more than jamaica.

Hart said it wasn't important for him to get wins at this point. He also said he knows it is important to the fans to get wins. He is building from the back out and despite Jamaica having lots more possession we are still at 0-0 so I'd say the game plan is play solid defense and opportunistic offense while getting a good look at a lot of players.

Except that the Jamaica lineup is pretty weak as well. I do think we should expect a better performance from this team than seems to have been the case in the first half.

We shouldn't understate how much of a B team this is for Canada. It only features 2 players who would make my first 11 (de Guzman and Jakovic). In a battle of B teams, where we know little about the players on both teams, you can't put too much emphasis on results.

Noone is pressing the panic button and Lord Bob's comment was obviously a joke. However, Hart is now officially head coach and has to be evaluated as such. On paper we have a lineup that is at least as strong as the Jamaican team if not stronger. Results may not be that important at this time but at the very least there should be some promising play and good tactics. We need to see if Hart can bring a team together and go into opposition CONCACAF stadiums and get results. At the moment it sounds like we are being schooled by Jamaica. The results of this game won't determine Hart's pedigree or future but it is one of a number of results in the next couple of years that will determine whether he is the guy to lead us into WCQ or if he needs to be replaced. At the moment it seems like this is not going to be a result in favour of Hart being that guy.

Archived