Tam Update

George_

I would like to see him back but I have very little sympathy for his case. He should've known better if he wanted to keep playing international soccer.

I find this a little harsh. He was forced to make the ultimate club vs. country decision, and I believe that most of us would have made a similar decision. Playing for your country will not put food on your table.

Personally I find it ridiculous that this situation exists, but unfortunately Tam is stuck with his decision. I can sympathize with him because my father made a similar decision, which cost me the chance to get my Italian citizenship, but thankfully the Azzurri have never come calling!

I find this a little harsh. He was forced to make the ultimate club vs. country decision, and I believe that most of us would have made a similar decision. Playing for your country will not put food on your table.

Personally I find it ridiculous that this situation exists, but unfortunately Tam is stuck with his decision. I can sympathize with him because my father made a similar decision, which cost me the chance to get my Italian citizenship, but thankfully the Azzurri have never come calling!

True, this situation shouldn't exist. Once you're cap-tied for a country you should be able to reprsent that country for the rest of your career.

I know I'm being harsh but my point remains that Tam could've avoid that situation. Of course German passport was going to help him but was it the only way he could continue to play in Europe? The other point I wanted to make is that it was up to him to talk to someone before making this decision if he wanted to continue playing international soccer.

Archived