TFC's Defensive Trials

powerof11

Something to ponder maybe would be whether the problem with all the trials leading to nothing happening was that the working dynamic between Mo Johnston and John Carver/Chris Cummins wasn't all it might have been because while the GM knew the limitations imposed by MLS's roster rules the coach did not and said "no way" to a lot of possible signings on that basis. Both Mo Johnston and Predrag Radosavljevic look very much at ease during interviews these days and if they are on the same page about who should be brought in for a trial things will probably operate a lot more smoothly in player acquisition terms.

Yeah I think it was mentioned on RPB that the only trialists to work out were the two Gambians. Which is interesting that of all the professionals to come through, it was a 17 and 18-year old who earned a contract. But contract might be the operative word, as most of our trialists are coming from leagues and careers that didn't have to deal with the same financial restraints or set-up as MLS. I'm guessing there has also been a learning curve on who they should invest their time on practicing with the team, and hopefully this year is different. However I have to be honest, with all that talk about locker-room unrest I'm not sure why we are bringing in a guy (Said) who is a known disturber off the field.

Yeah I think it was mentioned on RPB that the only trialists to work out were the two Gambians. Which is interesting that of all the professionals to come through, it was a 17 and 18-year old who earned a contract. But contract might be the operative word, as most of our trialists are coming from leagues and careers that didn't have to deal with the same financial restraints or set-up as MLS. I'm guessing there has also been a learning curve on who they should invest their time on practicing with the team, and hopefully this year is different. However I have to be honest, with all that talk about locker-room unrest I'm not sure why we are bringing in a guy (Said) who is a known disturber off the field.

Simple fact is anyone who can sort out the back 4 no matter his personality or language issues will be offer a contract. TFC is not in the posistion to be picky and choosy with CB's at this point.

Who is Bill Hicks...?

God....

lol no he is the greatest Stand Up Comedian ever.

Denis Leary stole his whole act and persona after he died in 94' of cancer (ironically the same year Leary's No Cure For Cancer came out)

If you don't know his act find it Revalations, and Relentless his two best video stand ups IMO. He has countless quotable quotes and could be consider some what of a philsopher with some of his bits. Could be one of the most influential comics of all time.

is this supposed to be a joke?

Maybe worth bearing in mind that he only ever gained mainstream acceptance outside North America:-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5194674120798904744#docid=3009028088829804234

Slightly surprised that someone with the username Muirton Park wouldn't know who he is because he is definitely well known in Scotland:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgwYXy-Yg0

Archived