Argentina - Canada May 24

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, where have I been! Jamaica and Argentina. Fantastic. Someone above asked if the other May friendly would be at BMO. No way the CSA is sending the team from Toronto to Argentina. They'll have both games in SAM. I'd like to see a game against, say, Venezuela maybe?

Two friendlies in September....maybe USA and Caribbean team?

England? I understand they'll want to play a team similar to the USA......BEFORE the world cup. Not a chance afterward for England to come to Canada in September. Not a chance.

I just pulled England out of my ass. I really don't know who it'll be, but I'm guessing it'll be a CONCACAF nation.

Has anyone travelled in Argentina at all? Is it fairly safe? Is it inexpensive. I am attracted by the possibility of heading down for this game. Especially if Argentina is bringing their A squad in prep for the WC

Sounds like it could be a good road trip!

I've been to Argentina a couple years ago. I spent all of my time in Buenos Aires and it feels just like any large European city in terms of culture, as well as safety. Just the usual threat of pickpockets and thiefs but aside from that if you tend to mind your own business and not cause a scene you should be fine. Not sure what it would be like at a soccer game, but the River Plate stadium is in a wealthier neighbourhood of the city so it's likely a little safer than la bombonera.

It used to be very inexpensive, but apparently recently inflation is really driving up the costs in the city. Taxis were incredibly affordable before, and so abundant but not really sure if that's still the case. If you are thinking of going, definitely do it! It'll likely be an experience of a lifetime...

I'm think it will be all European Based players for this one.

-----------------Hirschfeld

Stalteri---Mckenna---Edgar---Klukowski

----------------Hutchinson

--------Peters---------------DeJong

Hoilett-----------------------------Simpson

-------------------Friend

Wagenaar

Bourgault

Ledgerwood

Bernier (may be going to MLS, but missed out on the NA based trip to Jamacia)

Nakajima-Farran

Ornoch

Jackson

Some Guys who could and probably will get called Straith, Street, Sidra, Ricketts, Stillo, Saiko, Hemming, Lacoste-Lebuis and so on with young Euro based prospects.

Archived