No more qualifiers at Saprissa?

CanadianSoccerFan

For those like me that can't wait for 2014 qualifying to roll around, they may be interested in this. Costa Rica has nearly completed its brand new state of the art national stadium. It has 35,000 seats and will host the National Team from now on. Should be a bit less intimidating than Saprissa with the track around it. Not to mention it will have GRASS!

19228e6305.jpg.jpg

1d672014b2.jpg

03-047-01-004-1.jpg

4197590326_e63fd79958_o.jpg

That is good news, Saprissa is a bitch to play in! Even opposition club teams in Costa Rica are intimidated playing there.

Weird thing is it's being funded by the Chinese gov't!? $US83 Million to build. Being built in Parque Sabana in downtown San Jose, as opposed to the suburb of Tibas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadio_Nacional_de_Costa_Rica_(2011)

"The Chinese government will finance a new Stadium with a capacity of 35,000 people."

"The construction of the stadium forms part of the agreements signed between the presidents of Costa Rica and China, Óscar Arias and Hu Jintao, respectively, during Arias' first visit to the Asian country in October, 2007."

That's because Harper slapped the Chinese government in the face about 60 times before he even bothered going to visit. He has been completely culturally insensitive and it's cost us, not necessarily in new stadiums, but certainly in investment from Chinese firms, which would have meant more jobs here in Canada...

I'm no fan of Harper, but i wish he'd stuck to his guns.

Screw Chinese foreign investment here, we don't need their money. All they want are our natural resources anyways, which we have no problems funding ourselves - and which i would prefer to keep in Canadian hands. The rest of our technology they just steal through economic espionage. IP rights? Yeah, right.

What we need is greater, unfetered access to sell our products to the Chinese market in tandem with a lowering of the exchange rate on the Yuan to increase the purchasing power of the Chinese consumer. As it is the Chinese central gov't is keeping the exchange rate artificially low to flood the west with cheap consumer goods and then hoarding all the US dollars for themselves. Meanwhile the average Chinese is getting worked like a mule for **** pay and the only way to appease them and avoid revolt is for the gov't to turn a blind eye to piracy so that Chinese citizens can afford the luxuries we have in the West. The Chinese are blatantly disrespecting IP rights and treating the rest of the world like the fools we are.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

I'm no fan of Harper, but i wish he'd stuck to his guns.

Screw Chinese foreign investment here, we don't need their money. All they want are our natural resources anyways, which we have no problems funding ourselves - and which i would prefer to keep in Canadian hands. The rest of our technology they just steal through economic espionage. IP rights? Yeah, right.

What we need is greater, unfetered access to sell our products to the Chinese market in tandem with a lowering of the exchange rate on the Yuan to increase the purchasing power of the Chinese consumer. As it is the Chinese central gov't is keeping the exchange rate artificially low to flood the west with cheap consumer goods and then hoarding all the US dollars for themselves. Meanwhile the average Chinese is getting worked like a mule for **** pay and the only way to appease them and avoid revolt is for the gov't to turn a blind eye to piracy so that Chinese citizens can afford the luxuries we have in the West. The Chinese are blatantly disrespecting IP rights and treating the rest of the world like the fools we are.

I have little respect for Intellectual Property rights when they help perpetuate poverty, hunger and AIDS all so we can line the pockets of what are already state supported industries through a combination of subsidies and tax breaks...

^ Not respecting IP rights will lead to more poverty and a lower standard of living for everyone. Technological advancement only happens when states and companies invest in Research and Development and bring those new ideas to market. When someone steals those ideas and profits of off them (thereby reducing the profit the innovator receives) it reduces the incentive that company or country has to conduct R&D. The more gun shy they get, the less they innovate, the more we stagnate.

Archived