Jamaica - Canada Jan 31

Edgar

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's up to the young keepers to prove to the coaching staff and their teamates that they can do the job. At some point, playing kids just to play kids can be a dangerous venture at this level. That's why I don't mind Lev Yashin presence at this camp.

Might not be a bad idea to start having Serioux push Stalteri out of the RB spot then...not sure i like Onstad being brought in, give Monsalve the full 90. Surprised Misiewicz was chosen ahead of Street. Nice to see Edwini-Bonsu picked to the Sr. squad, i like what i've seen in the couple of highlights i've watched of his. And wasn't someone ripping Derek Gaudet in the Olympic thread last week?

That was my point. He won't go there without having the insurance he'll play (at least a half), not at 42 yrs old....

Unless Onstad sess this as another step in his transition into coaching, in which case he will be there more as a guide to the younger keepers rather than expecting an automatic start/playing time.

I'm pretty confident that Onstad is there just for cover for Monsalve. They definitely want to see what Monsalve can do. With Begovic out of the picture, they need to gauge their other keepers to see who can contribute under pressure and who can't.

Street was likely recalled to WHU after the U23 camp. He was reportedly very strong in the U23 camp, especially in the game vs. HON.

It is my opinion that Misiewicz is there for the 10 days of camp so that they have a 2nd keeper. Maybe his club was ok with him staying for another 10 days. Onstad, from what I understand, needed to get home after U23 camp so coming to Jamaica was probably a case of Pat doing Stephen a favour to provide insurance in case Monsalve got hurt.

Glad to see Gaudet and Randy get to hang out for another 10 days. This is a good experience for them and will push them hard.

I'm pretty confident that Onstad is there just for cover for Monsalve. They definitely want to see what Monsalve can do. With Begovic out of the picture, they need to gauge their other keepers to see who can contribute under pressure and who can't.

Street was likely recalled to WHU after the U23 camp. He was reportedly very strong in the U23 camp, especially in the game vs. HON.

It is my opinion that Misiewicz is there for the 10 days of camp so that they have a 2nd keeper. Maybe his club was ok with him staying for another 10 days. Onstad, from what I understand, needed to get home after U23 camp so coming to Jamaica was probably a case of Pat doing Stephen a favour to provide insurance in case Monsalve got hurt.

Glad to see Gaudet and Randy get to hang out for another 10 days. This is a good experience for them and will push them hard.

1. Adam Street had just 1 shot on the net and that was a goal. Beside that, there was 1 cross which was punch away by Adam. Describing Street’s performance as a very strong game will be big overstatement.

2. Michal Misiewicz let 2 goals. Last one was own goal scored by our defender. Beside that he saved brake away and penalty kick.

3. I would say Adam was as strong as Michal during U23 camp. Both keepers are much stronger than Dave Monsalve.

4. Both keepers were asked to stay. Adam didn’t go back to England because his club didn’t agree for him to stay in Florida, but because he was injured in the last session of the last day of the camp (knee injury). Ironically Michal was training with knee injury all the time.

5. Sunderland let Misiewicz to stay until January 25.

That was my point. He won't go there without having the insurance he'll play (at least a half), not at 42 yrs old....

perhaps he's just happy to be there as he knows he's career is almost over and that a job coaching will be there if he stays involved

^ I heard from someone that knows Serioux that the injury might be pretty serious and he could be out of action for a while. Apparently he fell down somehow and hurt the elbow. Obviously that is not "rock solid" info but if so, that is really tough luck for Adrian, who really REALLY struggled with injuries last season, which severely limited his effectiveness as the season wore on.

I'm curious to know how this injury impacts his being awarded a new contract by TFC (or someone else in MLS). From what I recall, he has not yet been resigned.

This isn't an official FIFA friendly date, so clubs aren't under any obligation to release their players. Iain Hume is a regular substitute for Barnsley and Simeon Jackson is the best player at Gillingham, so there's no way they'd have been allowed to go.

With the MLS SuperDraft and getting used to his new team, it might have been in Teal's interests to stay at his club even if Hart extended him an invitation.

Can anyone tell me why no

Hume??

or

Jackson

I would also like to see Teal Bunbury there

Both those player are at their clubs playing important football. I expect both to be at the Argentina camp with the rest fo the Euro based players.

as for Teal not sure what he's doing he's still a little while away from getting a Senior cap. Since he's in the MLS him not playing for Canada doesn't seem to be an issue.

Can anyone tell me why no

Hume??

or

Jackson

I would also like to see Teal Bunbury there

Just curious why you asked no Hume or Jackson but not about other higher playing european players? haha I always find it interesting to see who people rate. Welcome jojo!!

Anyways someone already answered but this is a North/South American/European leagues who are off/Players who could get a release (Wassey, Sidra, Misciewcz) camp so basically all players we could get who are either on holiday, in their off season or whos clubs agreed for them to come (German and English reserves)

I don't think Teal is ready for the national team yet although he certainly wouldn't look out of place at camp since Randy Edwini Bonsu is there too. He probably thinks its best to concentrate on making his MLS debut being such a high draft pick. If he pops in a few goals in the first two months of MLS then I think he has a chance of being called to South America. Of course we might run into injury/availability problems and he may be called but also may not be made available by KC... I doubt KC would hold him back from a trip with a senior NT to face Argentina unless he is carrying the team which I doubt.

I don't think Teal is ready for the national team yet although he certainly wouldn't look out of place at camp since Randy Edwini Bonsu is there too. He probably thinks its best to concentrate on making his MLS debut being such a high draft pick. If he pops in a few goals in the first two months of MLS then I think he has a chance of being called to South America. Of course we might run into injury/availability problems and he may be called but also may not be made available by KC... I doubt KC would hold him back from a trip with a senior NT to face Argentina unless he is carrying the team which I doubt.

Randy earned his spot in the senior camp (and is apparently doing quite well) by a very strong performance at the U23 camp. Randy has been a top player in the Whitecaps residency and has had some playing time for the Whitecaps 1st team. At this point, I would put Randy a full step ahead of Teal in terms of where each young man stands in their professional careers.

Had Teal chosen to attend U23 camp (I understand why he did not but I think it would have been good if he had) then he might have earned his way onto Canada's senior camp roster. In my opinion, 19 year old college players don't just get senior team invites, not even when it is an experimental camp. One might argue that if Wassey is in the camp then so should Teal but I'd argue that Wassey is a highly regarded prospect from a Bundesliga1 side and Teal was voted the best player in a 3 month league that features highly unbalanced competition. I'd be more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the kid in a professional club environment rather than an NCAA program.

Having said that, I hope Teal rips it up in MLS and earns himself a call up into the next camp. That kind of good news story would be excellent.

Randy Edwini-Bonsu may have started for the Whitecaps in 2009 if he'd been healthy, and almost certainly will start in 2010.

But even more than that, he's the sort of player Canada doesn't generate much. How many pure pace strikers have we had in the last decade like Edwini-Bonsu? We've got a proud history of big target men (Gerba, Friend) and attacking midfielders-cum-flankers with some legs, but nobody quite like Edwini-Bonsu (Jackson comes closest, but I swear Edwini-Bonsu is faster). Considering that the greatest knock on our goalscoring is that we never have any strikers able to make individual plays without getting good service, it might be worth at least giving him a look.

Now, I'm not saying "ah, Randy'll score three goals against Jamaica and he'll set up Ali for six more", but if you can get him into camp he's certainly worth a look over any of our other North American options.

Randy Edwini-Bonsu may have started for the Whitecaps in 2009 if he'd been healthy, and almost certainly will start in 2010.

But even more than that, he's the sort of player Canada doesn't generate much. How many pure pace strikers have we had in the last decade like Edwini-Bonsu? We've got a proud history of big target men (Gerba, Friend) and attacking midfielders-cum-flankers with some legs, but nobody quite like Edwini-Bonsu (Jackson comes closest, but I swear Edwini-Bonsu is faster). Considering that the greatest knock on our goalscoring is that we never have any strikers able to make individual plays without getting good service, it might be worth at least giving him a look.

Now, I'm not saying "ah, Randy'll score three goals against Jamaica and he'll set up Ali for six more", but if you can get him into camp he's certainly worth a look over any of our other North American options.

Radzinski?

Archived