Jamaica - Canada Jan 31

Edgar

Jakovic at centre back please - He's the first ball-playing centre back Canada has had in forever. He was our best player at the Gold Cup this summer. Never mind the future he is the best centre back we have right now and we need to keep him at centre back. There are plenty of other players who can play at that defensive midfielder position

Well, don't forget that Tony Menezes was pretty talented on the ball when he was our CB/sweeper. As for the d-mid position, I'm hoping somebody emerges in the next two years prior to WCQ. I'm not happy with that particular side of our game but perhaps Hart feels this isn't a concern and that the current midfield candidates can do the job for us.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, don't forget that Tony Menezes was pretty talented on the ball when he was our CB/sweeper. As for the d-mid position, I'm hoping somebody emerges in the next two years prior to WCQ. I'm not happy with that particular side of our game but perhaps Hart feels this isn't a concern and that the current midfield candidates can do the job for us.

Yeah d-mid is missing a young guy pushing from below, but JDG was used as a d-mid regularly by Depor. I believe Mckenna and Serioux are d-mids naturally as well.

Imhof someone who I think could still be called upon as a vet to cover a midfield is a quality d-mid.

That lineup actually looks quite strong Keegan, it's about what I would pick! I like AS in the defensive midfield role!

Thanks, Im just not too sure about Ribiero at CM is he the best we have? We'll have to see who shines in camp. But anyways I think it works well because its the formation we know Hart will probably play and every player plays a position they play or have played in the past. I doubt Serioux will have trouble adjusting to DM even if he hasn't played it in a while.

Thanks, Im just not too sure about Ribiero at CM is he the best we have? We'll have to see who shines in camp. But anyways I think it works well because its the formation we know Hart will probably play and every player plays a position they play or have played in the past. I doubt Serioux will have trouble adjusting to DM even if he hasn't played it in a while.

Maybe Rivas or Wassey will play CM, I'm no too familiar with either of them, like you say, they'll have time to show their stuff in camp! As far as Serioux playing the DM role, I think thaat's his most natural position, he's been forced to play CB at TFC and for our MNT because of lack of coverage there!

According to Gerry Dobson on twitter, Pat Onstad will be joining the Canada squad for the Jamaica friendly. I hope Monsalve still gets at least a half to show what he can do.

Since Onstad was with the U-23's last week, this seems like a logical move considering the others options we have. I too hope Monsalve gets a look but he has to prove in training he can play at that level.

and that Serioux isn't attending because of an injury. Onstad will only join for the trip to Jamaica. This makes me think he'll be there to play.

Stama was supposed to be the other keeper but was recalled by his club.

No if hes only going to Jamaica its obviously just for cover, they wouldn't just let a player come to a match. He'll get a half at most I'd think

If Misiewicz is there too, wouldn't we rather have him and Monsalve split duties in Jamaica than Monsalve and Sutton?

The fact they are already announcing Onstad will be part of the Jamaica trip leads me to believe that they don't feel like Monsalve and specially Misiewicz aren't ready enough for that kind of game.

Archived