Jamaica - Canada Jan 31

Edgar

Well, we still "produced" him and we still had him in our squad. The same would apply with Hume. So, we had that type of players but decided to used them elsewhere. Look at Radz playing career in Belgium and England and he was mostly used as a striker.

BTW, in the case of Hume and Radz I think they've both been used as strikers and on the flank in a 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3) for us. I'm not sure Radz almost never played as a striker but maybe my memory failed me on this one.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hart said after the first Gold Cup game that although it looked like a 4-5-1 he wanted the formation to be a 4-3-3. The two tend to be used interchangeably, but they are very different formations. In a true 4-3-3 the width comes from the wingers and you can play with three natural forwards. I wonder if this is what Hart will opt for considering we have plenty of forwards but none that have yet proven they can produce in big games playing up top by themselves

Just curious why you asked no Hume or Jackson but not about other higher playing european players? haha I always find it interesting to see who people rate. Welcome jojo!!

Anyways someone already answered but this is a North/South American/European leagues who are off/Players who could get a release (Wassey, Sidra, Misciewcz) camp so basically all players we could get who are either on holiday, in their off season or whos clubs agreed for them to come (German and English reserves)

I don't think Teal is ready for the national team yet although he certainly wouldn't look out of place at camp since Randy Edwini Bonsu is there too. He probably thinks its best to concentrate on making his MLS debut being such a high draft pick. If he pops in a few goals in the first two months of MLS then I think he has a chance of being called to South America. Of course we might run into injury/availability problems and he may be called but also may not be made available by KC... I doubt KC would hold him back from a trip with a senior NT to face Argentina unless he is carrying the team which I doubt.

Ya I get what your saying about Teal I was going to put him as at least as a under 23 player but I was not sure if he had the right birth date to play

Good points about teal making a good MLS debut if he got hurt it would not be good for Canada and Teal (its just too bad im not a fan is KC)

I think I would like to see how he is in the MLS first

Ill have to check out Randy Edwini Bonsu I dont know alot about the younger up and coming Canadian players but on Fifa 10 I made a team with a many young Canadian players.

As for Hume and Jackson

I just like Hume lol and he is still young as far as I know I thought Canada was taking a younger players for the Jamica game, and I would like to see Hume get a chance to play even as a winger.

Same reason for Jackson he is young and I think he is a good player, plus Gerba looked really bad for TFC I dont know whats his problem is.

Thanks for the greetings Keegan

I dont know alot about the process of getting players to come play for Canada very well but it seems like there is alot of factors involved

This isn't an official FIFA friendly date, so clubs aren't under any obligation to release their players. Iain Hume is a regular substitute for Barnsley and Simeon Jackson is the best player at Gillingham, so there's no way they'd have been allowed to go.

With the MLS SuperDraft and getting used to his new team, it might have been in Teal's interests to stay at his club even if Hart extended him an invitation.

Oh ya I keep on forgetting its not a Offical Fifa friendly

I heard its not even on tv too

Jojo quit being such a hacker on the pitch.

Yeah I was wondering about Hume, and why he wasn't included in the squad. I assume it must be a case of Barnsley not wanting to release him.

Remember Hume is a club record signing for Barnsley there is no chance any Canadian who means anything to a clubs 1st team would be released

Jojo quit being such a hacker on the pitch.

Yeah I was wondering about Hume, and why he wasn't included in the squad. I assume it must be a case of Barnsley not wanting to release him.

lol hacker??? How can you call me a hacker?? I don't play any defence lol just Joking

Jeff kno im not a hacker lol your almost like a cock bloclker ... know all the Voyageurs are gonna think im a hacker

ill see you on the pitch ... You better watch out Jeff im looking to score goals ... ok ok its not gonna happen but i can dream right??

Reggae Boyz roster:

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/146246/page/1#Post146246

Goalkeepers

Dwayne Miller (Harbour View)

Duwayne Kerr (Portmore United)

Andre Blake (Glenmuir High, Sporting Central)

Defenders

Jermaine Taylor (St Georges SC)

Shavar Thomas (Philadelphia Union)

Dicoy Williams (Harbour View)

Demar Stewart (Chengdu Blades)

Adrian Reid (Portmore United)

Linval Lewis (Sporting Central)

Rafe Wolfe (Ferencvaros)

Midfielders

Jason Morrison (Ferencvaros)

Richard Edwards (Harbour View)

Nicholi Findlayson (Waterhouse)

Je-Vaughn Watson (Sporting Central)

Kenardo Forbes (Waterhouse)

Lovel Palmer (Harbour View)

Keammar Daley (Tivoli Gardens)

Andre Steele (Harbour View)

Romena Bowie (Manchester High, Mike Gully FC)

Marvin Morgan (St George's College)

Ricardo Morris (St James High, Village United)

Forwards

Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids)

Luton Shelton (Valerenga, NORWAY)

Devon Hodges (Rivoli United)

Navion Boyd (Tivoli Gardens)

Christopher Waugh (Wolmer's Boys)

Allan Ottey (St James High, Village United)

Peter Keyes (Boys' Town)

For what's it worth, Tyrone Marshall of Seattle Sounders has been called to the Jamaica squad.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/soundersfcblog/2010833589_tyrone_marshall_called_to_jama_1.html

With 3 MLS all stars in the middle im expecting us to boss around Jamaica (if we consider De Guzman will be an allstar). Jamaica has brought a pretty weak team, Jamaican league players? De Rosario and De Guzman should control this match. Exactly the type of teams De Ro shines versus and in his return! You can bet hes been waiting to put the shirt on despite comments.

Our defense beat theirs, we can put out a pretty good back four. They have a better forward list, no clue who the locals are but Cummings and Shelton are good, not anything to shake in our boots about though. Keepers who knows how they stack up.

Canada camp report

It's an interesting set of circumstances here at the National Team training camp in Sunrise Florida.

This is a team mostly made up of North American based players. Once upon a time that idea would have been a non-starter as there simply weren't enough warm bodies to pull it off. Now that isn't a problem. Well, not as big a problem.

There was a time when goalkeeping was a strength in this country. (It continues to make me want to puke whenever I see one-time Canadian and now Bosnian Asmir Begovic in an EPL match.) Head coach Stephen Hart was hoping to test a couple of youngsters here, but for a variety of reasons only Brampton, Ontario's David Monsalve was still in camp at the Monday afternoon training session.

So there was the long retired Paul Dolan tending one goal until the ageless Pat Onstad was to arrive later in the evening. I wonder about motivation here as well. There's nothing much to play for until the Gold Cup in 2011. You would hope the MLS players would use this camp as a way to kick start their club camps which are due to get underway next week. But I get a feeling the players have a sense of foreboding about the status of the negotiations and so perhaps it's hard to get into the right frame of mind.

I saw a few ice packs as well, with plenty of tight muscles and general soreness all around. And they've been here a week already.

Don't get me wrong. The players look lively on the pitch and the sessions are spirited. Even so, Hart has a big job keeping everyone interested.

But watch them put their hands up when he asks for volunteers to play Argentina. There's the key. High profile friendlies. Easier said than done however. The FIFA calendar doesn't leave much room.

Elsewhere, as I tweeted earlier yesterday, or is it tweetered, or twittered or twitted? I don't know the difference. Portuguese veteran defender Jorge Andrade might show up in camp with TFC next week. More likely he would hook up with the team when they get to Florida Feb. 8. Who knows what he's got left, as he's only 31 but with a lot of tough miles on a pair of wonky knees.

I also had a good chat with Will Johnson. He's looking forward to another season with MLS Cup winners Real Salt Lake. He figures the key to that team's success was not so much individual talent as it was teamwork. He says they all got along well, meshed together and worked their butts off for each other. Sounds exactly like what TFC needs this year if we believe the message coming out of the locker room at the end of the 2009 season.

Watch for TFC and National team stories from this camp on Soccercentral Thursday and Saturday.

There you go.

Thanks Saviola!

Head coach Stephen Hart was hoping to test a couple of youngsters here, but for a variety of reasons only Brampton, Ontario's David Monsalve was still in camp at the Monday afternoon training session.

Does that mean that some youngsters (Sidra, Rivas, Wassey) aren't attending or that they are expected to arrive later?

Thanks Saviola!

Does that mean that some youngsters (Sidra, Rivas, Wassey) aren't attending or that they are expected to arrive later?

I think in the context it was written that he means some young GOALKEEPERS aren't attending that he was hoping to test.

"Not much to play for"? Seriously? How about a spot on the National Team?

Totally agree.

I also like the quote from Will Johnson: "He's looking forward to another season with MLS Cup winners Real Salt Lake. He figures the key to that team's success was not so much individual talent as it was teamwork. He says they all got along well, meshed together and worked their butts off for each other. Sounds exactly like what TFC needs this year if we believe the message coming out of the locker room at the end of the 2009 season."

I think the CMNT needs a similar collective strength in order to earn more success in WCQ.

What do you guys think of this Jamaica Roster? I am seeing a lot of young guns with very few named players. I believe that the Jamaicans maybe sending out a young unproved team to get some experience and begin development for 2014. Now I am aware that we are only sending a fraction of our first team over, but could this be a bit of a lob-sided match? Or will the home field advantage prove to be too much for our experience to overcome?

What do you guys think of this Jamaica Roster? I am seeing a lot of young guns with very few named players. I believe that the Jamaicans maybe sending out a young unproved team to get some experience and begin development for 2014. Now I am aware that we are only sending a fraction of our first team over, but could this be a bit of a lob-sided match? Or will the home field advantage prove to be too much for our experience to overcome?

I can see Canada winning this one by two or three goals. Our midfield compared to theirs is miles ahead. They only area they stack up even close to is up front, and maybe in net.

Bad news for those of us hoping to catch an illegal televison stream of this match. Apparently, it's only being televised in Jamaica on tape delay.

Apparently a number of radio stations will have it live, though. Hopefully one of them web streams (and hopefully Kingston has a hilarious bakery).

Bad news for those of us hoping to catch an illegal televison stream of this match. Apparently, it's only being televised in Jamaica on tape delay.

Apparently a number of radio stations will have it live, though. Hopefully one of them web streams (and hopefully Kingston has a hilarious bakery).

hilarious bakery heheheheheh ! lol ! am cracking up . All the radio stations are on jumptv and only 1 which dont connect to jumptv can be heard free ...

its KLAS Sports Radio _ http://www.klassportsradio.com/ u can thank me later :) .

Archived