Percovich named new TFC assistant coach

dbailey62

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

I am Canadian and you have no right whatsoever to imply otherwise.

He isn't, he's implying that your agenda on this forum is to piss off the rest of the Canadian soccer fans who come here typically looking for good news regarding their countrymen.

Percovich seems like he could eb the answer to sort out our back line.

He was a great keeper in his time and knows how to run a back 4 and will make Frei a much better general out there. Something he lacked last year was the ability to be the general on the defense. Leo will create confidence in the back line by giving them confidence in there goalkeepers ability to organize a defense.

I think we can get into the post-season even with a back line of

Wynne-Nana-Serioux-Brennan

with Gomez being the sub. (possibly Fellinga as well)

I think with proper coordination and positioning they could really by a solid back 4. They just need a calming influence at their back and some one they can trust to direct them and the other 3 guys into the right spot. It's when their isn't that trust then hesitation and noncompliance with the Keepers word comes into play and you get sloppy box play that could be solved with simple communication.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

He isn't, he's implying that your agenda on this forum is to piss off the rest of the Canadian soccer fans who come here typically looking for good news regarding their countrymen.

As stated previously, having followed the fortunes of the CMNT and pro soccer in Canada for over 20 years I feel no need whatsoever to justify my presence here to you or anybody else. If people don't like my posts they are just going to have to learn to deal with them. That's my last word on that topic in this thread.

quote:Originally posted by TheKottonmouthed

He was a great keeper in his time and knows how to run a back 4 and will make Frei a much better general out there. Something he lacked last year was the ability to be the general on the defense.

I also felt there was a significant difference between his first half of the season performance compared to the last half in this area. Sometimes that has to do with the personnel in front of you, but I don't believe that to be the case in this situation. Perhaps the new assistant gaffer can provide the tweaking needed for Frei to improve. I think he is a quality talent, especially in shot stopping and rebound control

As stated previously, having followed the fortunes of the CMNT and pro soccer in Canada for over 20 years I feel no need whatsoever to justify my presence here to you or anybody else. If people don't like my posts they are just going to have to learn to deal with them. That's my last word on that topic in this thread.

Good, now i won't have to read through posts where you question peoples intelligence and then perceive prejudice when they get mad at you.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

I also felt there was a significant difference between his first half of the season performance compared to the last half in this area...

Maybe having Nick Garcia around who clearly saw himself as the organizer at the back was the issue. Personally think Frei's main problem was in dealing with crosses.

Maybe having Nick Garcia around who clearly saw himself as the organizer at the back was the issue. Personally think Frei's main problem was in dealing with crosses.

Yeah, as I suggested it could possibly be a personnel thing. The team tended to play deeper with Garcia back there, and that sometimes makes the keeper hesitant about going out for the ball in traffic. But to me, it seemed more a confidence issue, just guessing.

After watching Petr Cech's recent performances, I think Frei doesn't have the market cornered on an inability to deal with crosses, especially of the inswinging free kick variety, so I think he'll get the problem worked out sooner than later.

Archived