Grand Prix Back in Montreal, MLS next?

Mr.Impact

$75 million for the next 5 years (Federal, Provincial and Municipal).

Next up to the till, no other then Joey Saputo!. Speculation has it, that the Quebec Government was waiting to announce the return of the Formula One Gp, before announcing the approuval of financing for the expansion of Saputo Stadium.

• 3 months later...

Joey Saputo was on the team 990 and said that the announcement should come in the first half of the next quarter (April 1- May 15???) They are supposedly working on small details, but that the rest is done. I liked the fact that he said winning the Voyageur's Cup was a priority for this year.

Joey Saputo was on the team 990 and said that the announcement should come in the first half of the next quarter (April 1- May 15???) They are supposedly working on small details, but that the rest is done. I liked the fact that he said winning the Voyageur's Cup was a priority for this year.

I noticed that too, awesome attitude. Good interview

Sounds like 2012 it is. Check out MLS president Mark Abbot at this morning's one year MLS Caps countdown press conference in Vancouver. Scroll down to the video and begin at the 4:15 minute mark to hear Abbot tell a great story about talking to a border agent at YVR airport. He tells the agent MTL is in for 2012. Have a listen here-

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/archive/feature03251001.aspx

Sounds like 2012 it is. Check out MLS president Mark Abbot at this morning's one year MLS Caps countdown press conference in Vancouver. Scroll down to the video and begin at the 4:15 minute mark to hear Abbot tell a great story about talking to a border agent at YVR airport. He tells the agent MTL is in for 2012. Have a listen here-

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/archive/feature03251001.aspx

Cool. Thanks for that.

Archived