Philadelphia Union jersey

I expected the home shirt to reflect the colour pattern of the crest, with the sky blue and gold striping a la AC and Inter Milan style. I'm disappointed they went with this weird look, although who says originality is a bad thing. I would have preferred the striped kit over this one.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

I think it's OK. It's not the same colours as LA! LA Is GOld and Navy, while this appears to be Black and beige, with light blue highlights.

That being said....it's better than TFC's grey nightmares!

totally agree...I've got no major issue with that Jersey. I like the colour combo (although that blue stripe looks a bit random).

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

Well, Canada SHOULD have a version of that jersey. A thick white stripe down the middle of a red kit (ie, the national flag).

I'm with you, man! Canada needs a quality jersey.

As far as the Union, the jersey is OK. The crest could have been a bit larger. It's the fault of MLS that they have the larger flag/logo on the sleeves. I would banish flags from North American sports jerseys - a left-over from the first Gulf war.

quote:Originally posted by kcisoul

ya thats ugly, Adidas jerseys are really starting to suck. that big gold stripe looks really bad. They are pretty much the same colours as LA, how orginal.

Meh, I don't know. Overall I think its pretty unique. Reminds me most of the Ajax jersey but of course totally different colours.

The Ajax away strip might also be a good idea for Philly. Something like the following, except I would invert the navy and light blue so that the dominant colour is light blue.

05e09b2d89b46de619f8b0a30a2f6195.image.320x320.jpg

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Meh, I don't know. Overall I think its pretty unique. Reminds me most of the Ajax jersey but of course totally different colours.

The Ajax away strip might also be a good idea for Philly. Something like the following, except I would invert the navy and light blue so that the dominant colour is light blue.

05e09b2d89b46de619f8b0a30a2f6195.image.320x320.jpg

I dont understand how that looks like the Union jersey at all? the strip thing isnt close to it.

anyway I mostly meant the colours of the jersey, why doesnt teams find new colours to use? or at least use them differently.

Archived