Nov 18: Canada vs Poland [R]

Jarrek

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

ON that goal we had a six man back line, the mids falling back instead of challenging the attackers. And not the first time we have seen that. Hart, tell them to step out and challenge, the mids are there for a reason.

Exactly, though to blame Paul for that one.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A cross from the left flank across the top of the box is headed towards net and controlled by the chest of the Polish forward with his back to goal about 7 yards out. He volleyed it out of the air from cushioning it with his chest into the corner of the net while being defended by 2 Canadians.

Guest Jeffery S.

We are horrendously unorganized and do not look comfortable. Typical, just when they confirm Hart we start to look like we need a new coach.

I thought McKenna should have done better on the goal, his man had a free header that led to the goal.

There was a backpass before that from I think McKenna (L-CB) to hirsh ... then everyone just waited around for him to hoof it up field. The Polish player charged him down and got a piece of the clearance. To me that pass needs to go to the other side of the field (CB or RB), not to the keeper. The last place we want to be sitting on the ball is in our own box

Archived