Nov 18: Canada vs Poland [R]

Jarrek

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada will arrive on Sunday, and train on Monday at the Bia#322;ych B#322;otach (White Mud) training pitch. On Tuesday they will train at the main stadium where the game will take place.

http://www.sport.pl/sport/1,67926,7229503,Trawa_juz_sie_grzeje_na_Kanade.html

According to the article below, only several hundred tickets were sold for the match through the internet.

http://miasta.gazeta.pl/bydgoszcz/1,35591,7248905,Polska___Kanada__Bydgoszcz_czeka_na_reprezentacje.html

The fans are boycotting it simply out of anger towards the Polish FA? It could be interesting to see what results from their protests.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Radz will see time, if not a starting position for this one. I look forward to seeing him on the pitch again.

Ok... time to get over ourselves and think ahead to Poland on Wednesday.

So what do you think the starting eleven is going to be? My guess is: Hirschfeld; Peters, McKennna, Jakovic (if healthy), Klukowski; Simpson, De Guzman, Hutchinson, de Jong; Radzinski, Friend.

Subs: Wagenaar, Stalteri, Hastings, Bernier, Beaulieu-Bourgault, Hume, Jackson

GK - Wagenaar played well against Macedonia but I think Hart will give the more experienced Hirschfeld the start against Poland.

Defenders - I hope Hart isn't just playing Stalteri to give him the caps record. We need someone to step up and really challenge him for that position and Peters might be that player. I also hope Jakovic is fit after his earlier injury so he gets a chance to prove himself and experience international football in Europe.

Midfield - I could be wrong here but I don't think there was a naturally left footed player in Canada's midfield until de Jong entered the game in the second half. Perhaps de Jong should start to provide a bit more balance the to side.

Forwards - We know Radzinski is coming into the side anyway and I think Friend should start at least one game on this trip. Both Hume and Jackson can make an impact off the bench as well.

quote:Originally posted by Martyr

Defenders - I hope Hart isn't just playing Stalteri to give him the caps record. We need someone to step up and really challenge him for that position and Peters might be that player.

Hart absolutely is trying to get Diesel the record, hopefully from here on out as a sub.

I have heard this speculation about Peters before, but what is his right-back experience? Isn't Liam Rosenior an every match starter at right-back for Ipswich? Football-Lineups (not exactly gospel, I know) has Peters listed all over the field, but never at rb.

Could it be JBB on Wednesday?

<Start of digression>

Having seen almost a full season of Nana Attakora, I would suggest that he is the future, and that his future is as a right-back.

<End of digression>

quote:Originally posted by gkhs

Hart absolutely is trying to get Diesel the record, hopefully from here on out as a sub.

I have heard this speculation about Peters before, but what is his right-back experience? Isn't Liam Rosenior an every match starter at right-back for Ipswich? Football-Lineups (not exactly gospel, I know) has Peters listed all over the field, but never at rb.

Could it be JBB on Wednesday?

I'd be happy giving anyone a shot over Stalteri right now. I did some searching and it seems Peters is the starting LEFT back for Ipswich... http://tinyurl.com/ylrkjkx

So maybe Klukowski needs to look over his shoulder...

quote:

<Start of digression>

Having seen almost a full season of Nana Attakora, I would suggest that he is the future, and that his future is as a right-back.

<End of digression>

I haven't been able to see much of TFC this year but from all I've heard I'd have to agree about Attakora. But then there are actually a few others from North America that we would normally want in the side (Hainault and DeRo for example).

quote:Originally posted by Ivanovski94

a 3-5-2 would be better for your players of choice.

I was thinking about this but I wonder if the wingers would get pushed back too much, effectively forcing us into a 5-3-2. Perhaps the fashionable 4-2-3-1 instead:

Hirschfeld; Peters, McKenna, Jakovic, Klukowski; Bernier, Hutchinson; Radzinski, JDG, de Jong; Friend

This also might allow Kluka and Peters to get foward and join the attack.

Does anyone know the formation that Poland usually play?

quote:Originally posted by Martyr

Ok... time to get over ourselves and think ahead to Poland on Wednesday.

So what do you think the starting eleven is going to be? My guess is: Hirschfeld; Peters, McKennna, Jakovic (if healthy), Klukowski; Simpson, De Guzman, Hutchinson, de Jong; Radzinski, Friend.

Subs: Wagenaar, Stalteri, Hastings, Bernier, Beaulieu-Bourgault, Hume, Jackson

GK - Wagenaar played well against Macedonia but I think Hart will give the more experienced Hirschfeld the start against Poland.

Defenders - I hope Hart isn't just playing Stalteri to give him the caps record. We need someone to step up and really challenge him for that position and Peters might be that player. I also hope Jakovic is fit after his earlier injury so he gets a chance to prove himself and experience international football in Europe.

Midfield - I could be wrong here but I don't think there was a naturally left footed player in Canada's midfield until de Jong entered the game in the second half. Perhaps de Jong should start to provide a bit more balance the to side.

Forwards - We know Radzinski is coming into the side anyway and I think Friend should start at least one game on this trip. Both Hume and Jackson can make an impact off the bench as well.

Simpson is and always has been a left sided player. Jakovic looked like he was still limping on Saturday so I'm not sure if he will be ready. Radzinski should only start if he will be a part of this team going forward. I have no problems with him getting a few minutes in a friendly given the situation, but if this is just a send off game for him, I would not start him but bring him in as a second half sub. We need to see what Jackson and Friend can do on the field at the very same time.

Poland has it's own problems right now. And the Media is having a blast at the PZPN(CSA):

3coaches in 4games

Losses to:

Ireland 1-0

Slovenia 3-0

Czech Republic 2-0

Slovakia 1-0

To this Saturday's loss to Romania 1-0 in Warsaw didn't make things better. Now let's keep in mind that Franciszek(Franek) Smuda was Poland's new coach for the Romania game, and will be against Canada. The Romania game was attended by 5 000 fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franciszek_Smuda Bio for Coach

here was the roster against Romania:

Sk³ad Polski: Kuszczak - Bro¿ek, Kokoszka (¯), ¯ew³akow (90. Sadlok), Kowalczyk - Kosowski (76. Rybus), Dudka, B³aszczykowski (80. Peszko), Obraniak (80. Roger) - Lewandowski (¯) (70. Ma³ecki), Jeleñ.

Now Blaszczykowski is OUT due to injuries sustained on the pitch(apparently 4more Romanian players suffered the same fate)

Obraniak & Roger are the latest Nationalised Polish Players. As far as I know the game will be Streamed on the Web but with Polish Commentary, guys.

Jelen & Lewandowski will be the guys to keep at bay for us. The Defense will have it's hands full. Smuda like to play lots of short passes no long loops. If we can neutralize Poland in the midfield we will be ok.

I will throw all logic out the window and say a guaranteed win for the boys on Wednesday.

Bringing logic back in, once again this is only the second time some of these guys have seen either full 90 action or at least the better part of a match, so if we come away with a draw, I'll be happy.

This isn't our A-squad either. We shouldn't discount the contributions players who aren't there right now (Johnson, DeRo, Issey, etc...) have made in the past that could be needed against a quality side like Poland. And in saying that, let's not short the Poles too much here, they are also rebuilding and will be looking to get that first win to get themselves back on track.

frigg it - Canada 2 0 Poland!

MAPLE LEAF FOREVER

I am thinking on a 1-1 score with Canada opening in the 36th minut(who will score? Hmm). While Poland will answer with a Obraniak/Lewandowski combo in the 53rd minut.

Then Poland will start getting frustrated and will probably collect 2-4yellows. Poland will play physically since it is a lot younger squad than what was fielded at the WCQ campaign, and they will try to impress the new coach. I hope our boys keep their cool and are able to counterattack on Poland's pressing techniques.

If Canada can play physically for 60-70minutes Poland will run out of steam. Polish based players are having a break right now and cannot keep the momentum like players in Western clubs anyway. I will try to post the webstreams the day off. Damn it I am going to be on the road guys pls keep the tread updated for my sanity.

Archived