Nov 18: Canada vs Poland [R]

Jarrek

Jelen(Auxerre) named player of the month in France by the magazine L'Equipe and radio RTL is OUT due to injury sustained during the Romania game(really bad pitch at Legia stadium, there was more sand than grass). And so is Blaszczykowski OUT and apparenty Lewandowski is also bruised up.

So was about 5thousand tickets have been distributed for the game. 3thousands sold, and 2thousands freebies to local soccer organisations.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Canada prepares for Poland"

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3878

Interesting quote from Hart about Radzinski:

“Tomasz has been a big influence for our national team, but more importantly he is an excellent role model for our younger players,” said Hart. “Historically, Canada has not had the strikers of Tomasz’s quality. For me it’s never about the age but more about how the player performs. As long as he continues to perform I will gladly continue to call him.”

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

^ Good to hear. I don't care if Radz is 40 by the time the next World Cup rolls around, if he's able to perform better than the other forwards we have then i say call him up.

You have to admit it is worriesome that we cannot produce quality players in a ratio that reflects the amount of players registered. But we all know the system is broken and won't be fixed until we get a few more Canadian teams playing at the level that the current 3clubs are.

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

You have to admit it is worriesome that we cannot produce quality players in a ratio that reflects the amount of players registered. But we all know the system is broken and won't be fixed until we get a few more Canadian teams playing at the level that the current 3clubs are.

If guys like OH, JDG2, Hoilett, Lensky, Begovic and Fernandes would play alongside JDG, Hutchinson, Kluka, Friend and co. We wouldn't say we can't produce quality players.

I think we've proven we can produce quality players, the problem, somewhat, lies elsewhere.

But would u say the ratio reflects the number of registered kids we have playing soccer? Problem is once they reach a certain age they have nowhere to go. While for hockey they have more opportunities.

On a side note polish coach announced that Kuszczak and Szczesny will be in goal for each 45 respectively. Szczesny is 19yrs old but has talent like the coach mentioned. Apparently Poland will make 3-4subs compared to their Romania lineup. Now given it's Tuesday Evening there the odds are the newspapers are right.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

"Canada prepares for Poland"

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3878

Interesting quote from Hart about Radzinski:

“Tomasz has been a big influence for our national team, but more importantly he is an excellent role model for our younger players,” said Hart. “Historically, Canada has not had the strikers of Tomasz’s quality. For me it’s never about the age but more about how the player performs. As long as he continues to perform I will gladly continue to call him.”

Ideally, that's what I hope should happen. However, that's not consistently the case.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

If guys like OH, JDG2, Hoilett, Lensky, Begovic and Fernandes would play alongside JDG, Hutchinson, Kluka, Friend and co. We wouldn't say we can't produce quality players.

I think we've proven we can produce quality players, the problem, somewhat, lies elsewhere.

Jesus, can people here please quit whining about losing players (or at least do it less often, please)!?

It always helps to have great players, but having great players doesn't always guarantee a winning team. There are way too many examples of this in the sporting world. From what we have seen from CSA, there is no reason to believe that we would not be in a similar situation if OH hadn't left, or if JdG2 hadn't left. Deep down inside, we all know that. Losing players is not our most fundamental problem -- it makes no sense to put all the blame there.

quote:Originally posted by ssk

Jesus, can people here please quit whining about losing players (or at least do it less often, please)!?

It always helps to have great players, but having great players doesn't always guarantee a winning team. There are way too many examples of this in the sporting world. From what we have seen from CSA, there is no reason to believe that we would not be in a similar situation if OH hadn't left, or if JdG2 hadn't left. Deep down inside, we all know that. Losing players is not our most fundamental problem -- it makes no sense to put all the blame there.

Why are you quoting my post? I'm not whinning. I'm using these names to prove that we can produce good talents in Canada.

I think it's a fair point because some people, when discussing players development, often forget to consider the guys who decided to play elsewhere.

I love "#1 Rob"'s comment on how even though there are a few players out there for us with Polish decent, they wouldn't have made a difference as they aren't "world class."

Fak that noise! Kluko and Radz were top faking notch for us last cycle!

There have been some reports that TVP is airing this in Poland.

I wonder what is airing on Rogers Channel 889 - TVP (TV Polonius ). At $24.95 a month though, I'm not about to find out ... the listings just show regular programming, though I don't know what that means.

Ok here is a web stream guys:

channelsurfing.net

Canada-Poland not sure about commentary thou if it's in english or polish, NO registraion required

Guys don't confuse:

TVP - Telewizja Polska

TV Polonia - aired internationly for polish Ex-Pats, that's the one being ofered by Rogers in the GTA

Pls update me as I will only have axs to my berry tdy!!!

Archived