Nov 18: Canada vs Poland [R]

Jarrek

Though the opponent appears to be in turmoil, if they play an up tempo/physical game ilike the Macedonians appeared to play, than we will struggle. Therefore, I'm going with the Poles taking a 2-0 lead but our boys only getting one back, through Radzinski, in his final appearence!

Any bets as to whether or not Stalteri and McKenna get into it again?;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting Article I just read in the Polish Newspaper: http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,65046,7255931,Reprezentacja__Polscy_pilkarze_dotarli_do_Brzozy_k_.html

Canada will have 2 training scheduled. One before the Afternoon Monday in Brzoza and one on Tuesday at the stadium in Bydgoszcz also in the morning. Canada will have 2 players with polish roots Mike Klukowski(Brugge) & Tomasz Radzinski(Lierse). Radzinski did Not play against Macedonia, he landed in Poznan where a friend of his picked him up.

quote:Originally posted by Martyr

I'd be happy giving anyone a shot over Stalteri right now. I did some searching and it seems Peters is the starting LEFT back for Ipswich... http://tinyurl.com/ylrkjkx

So maybe Klukowski needs to look over his shoulder...

Last season when Peters couldn't get into the team, they were trying him at right back in the reserves. In actual games he played on the left more often (exclusively?) mainly because left back was and is a massive area of trouble.

This season he's been in the midfield more often than not, especially lately. I think he's been on the left more than the right in midfield, but that's more out of necessity.

Rosenior and Edwards have shored up the rightback spot since they came over at the deadline. While Delaney and David Wright have had their struggles are left back.

I think Attakora is a better right back prospect, but something I have wondered about was a 3-5-2. Peters could maybe play as a right wingback. We have a few LWB options (de Jong esp, but I think Klukowski could do it as well and Simpson would be very dangerous going forward) and since Jakovic plays the free role in DC we have a possible libero.

I'm not sure I'm crazy about a 3-5-2, but I wouldn't object to trying something like:

-----------------------------Hirschfeld

--------------McKenna----Jakovic----Klukowski

Peters-----------Hutchinson-----DeGuzman------DeJong

-------------------------------Jackson

------------------------Friend------Radzinski

I know we don't have a real No. 10, but I think Jackson and Radzinski could play off Friend. If we had DeRo or Johnson they'd sit in that hole well and DeGuzman could do the same if we wanted to try JBB or someone else at dmid.

Whatever we end up doing, I hope we experiment a little bit. If we're going to lose 3-0 we might as well try something different while doing it.

cheers,

matthew

quote:[Originally posted by matthew

Attakora is a better right back prospect

Attakora is a far better central defender than right back, although he has been very good at both this season.

I don't think he has the skill on the ball to be a regular RB, but he has enough speed and defensive responsibility to make it work back there.

I wonder why people are not talking about Hainault as a RB. He plays that role quite well for Houston, and is much more comfortable on the ball than Attakora. Nic Legerwood is also a possibility back there as well.

As for this game, I think the boys bounce back from this one. Poland is in complete disarray, and a couple of our vets will take advantage of that.

2-1 Canada.

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

Poland has it's own problems right now. And the Media is having a blast at the PZPN(CSA):

3coaches in 4games

Losses to:

Ireland 1-0

Slovenia 3-0

Czech Republic 2-0

Slovakia 1-0

To this Saturday's loss to Romania 1-0 in Warsaw didn't make things better. Now let's keep in mind that Franciszek(Franek) Smuda was Poland's new coach for the Romania game, and will be against Canada. The Romania game was attended by 5 000 fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franciszek_Smuda Bio for Coach

here was the roster against Romania:

Sk³ad Polski: Kuszczak - Bro¿ek, Kokoszka (¯), ¯ew³akow (90. Sadlok), Kowalczyk - Kosowski (76. Rybus), Dudka, B³aszczykowski (80. Peszko), Obraniak (80. Roger) - Lewandowski (¯) (70. Ma³ecki), Jeleñ.

Now Blaszczykowski is OUT due to injuries sustained on the pitch(apparently 4more Romanian players suffered the same fate)

Obraniak & Roger are the latest Nationalised Polish Players. As far as I know the game will be Streamed on the Web but with Polish Commentary, guys.

Jelen & Lewandowski will be the guys to keep at bay for us. The Defense will have it's hands full. Smuda like to play lots of short passes no long loops. If we can neutralize Poland in the midfield we will be ok.

Do you have a link for the stream?

Thanks in advance.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Attakora is a far better central defender than right back, although he has been very good at both this season.

I don't think he has the skill on the ball to be a regular RB, but he has enough speed and defensive responsibility to make it work back there.

I wonder why people are not talking about Hainault as a RB. He plays that role quite well for Houston, and is much more comfortable on the ball than Attakora. Nic Legerwood is also a possibility back there as well.

I totally agree with your assessment of Attakora. I haven't watched Hainault enough at RB this year but I also think he is a little better on the ball. If Serioux gets healthy, I think RB is his best spot. So at least we have some semblance of options for that position.

On the other hand, this team really needs a strong, ballwinning defensive presence in midfield or deep-lying ball distributing hub like Grande/Nash. Frees up DeGuzman

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

I totally agree with your assessment of Attakora. I haven't watched Hainault enough at RB this year but I also think he is a little better on the ball. If Serioux gets healthy, I think RB is his best spot. So at least we have some semblance of options for that position.

On the other hand, this team really needs a strong, ballwinning defensive presence in midfield or deep-lying ball distributing hub like Grande/Nash. Frees up DeGuzman

What the crap is Grande up to these days? Hard to believe at 32 he couldn't/didn't want to go back and find a spot with some Scandinavian outfit or something. Agreed he is the "type", if not quite the calibre, that would really help the NT right now.

As for this game, I think the boys bounce back from this one. Poland is in complete disarray, and a couple of our vets will take advantage of that.

2-1 Canada.

I think Hainault deserves a good look. Another season of MLS won't hurt him. He looked quite a bit more composed on the ball against LA than I had seen him with our men's team, and a scoring threat on set pieces. Could fit in at RB quite nicely.

quote:Originally posted by Tonka

Do you have a link for the stream?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a link per say but I do have 3-4 polish and english websites that will be hosting the game for sure. Will put them up tnite. Some require FREE Registration sorry guys.

FYI Poland's Lewandowski is a bit bruised up depending how he does on training monday and tuesay he might actually not play.

After seeing the LowLights of Canada's game against Macedonia I retract my score. 2-1 for Poland.

I like Attakora better in the middle too, but all I was saying was that he’s a better right back than Peters.

I don’t think Attakora is bad outside either. Given how much we need someone I’d like to see him tried out there in any event.

Do you think Hainault has the pace to be an outside back at the international level? He’s quicker than Adam Braz (who never looked comfortable, but was usually just effective enough), so maybe he does, but I’m not positive it’s his best position. If Houston keeps him out there, then maybe he’s the answer.

Good shout on Ledgerwood. I would definitely like to see him at some point. Is he left footed? He played both sides as a U20 and I never remember which is his ‘natural’ side. Either way I think he’s a possibility at RB. He’s playing more midfield right now thought right?

I agree we’ve needed a ball winner in the midfield for awhile. I’m cautiously optimistic that Johnson’s attitude and his more defensive role with RSL is turning him into that guy. Otherwise I have no idea. Even young guys like Gage, JBB or Saiko don’t really fit that bill.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by Keano

What the crap is Grande up to these days? Hard to believe at 32 he couldn't/didn't want to go back and find a spot with some Scandinavian outfit or something. Agreed he is the "type", if not quite the calibre, that would really help the NT right now.

Grande was never very successful in Scandanavia. I don't think the style of play there really fits his game. He still has a few more years of professional soccer in him but at 32 his options are probably somewhat limited. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a lower division Italian team next year since he has a lot of contacts in Italy.

quote:Originally posted by ag futbol

Hainault at RB is going to be very much a defensive option. He gets forward sometimes, but not in any great manner that will be effective at the international level. All depends on what we want out of the guy who's playing back there.

You'd get even less going forward out of Attakora.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

I agree we’ve needed a ball winner in the midfield for awhile. I’m cautiously optimistic that Johnson’s attitude and his more defensive role with RSL is turning him into that guy. Otherwise I have no idea. Even young guys like Gage, JBB or Saiko don’t really fit that bill.

cheers,

matthew

I don't think Johnson's going to be that guy, though I like a lot of other skills he brings to the table (coachable, quick thinker, good with quick passes). I think he benefits greatly from being in the same midfield as Kyle Beckerman: too bad he's not Canadian (or available for poaching).

It is such a nice Canadian thing that five days prior to a game someone starts a result thread [don't spoil it for anyone before the game actually starts]. By game time this threat will probably have degenerated into something that has nothing to do with the game and someone will be forced to start: Nov 18: Canada vs Poland [R] V2.0

:)

Archived