Canada vs. Macedonia November 14, 2009 (R)

superbrad

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

A good opportunity for him to show that he belongs. A d-mid by trade? Frankly I think this team needs to audition some more destroyer-types to serve in midfield, though I don't think this young face is the answer yet, but maybe down the road.

Doesn't this guy still play with FC St. Pauli reserves?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Hate to bring it up, but was JBB replacing Begovic in goal after the red card the very last we saw of Asmir in a Canadian uniform? If so, that is somehow fitting.

Yes and he actually played better than Begovic so maybe there is a golden lining in this after all.

quote:Originally posted by Obinna

Doesn't this guy still play with FC St. Pauli reserves?

This kind of illustrates the lack of depth we have with certain, role playing positions with regards to the Euro-based players. Hart alluded in a recent interview that he was interested in seeing an MNT newbie or two, so fair enough: besides, we had a couple of club reserve team players called for the Cyprus match so the manager is getting a read on what he has at his disposal.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Yes and he actually played better than Begovic so maybe there is a golden lining in this after all.

Got a laugh from this one. Thanks Grizzly.

In response to those who asked, JBB is in the St. Pauli squad (they currently sit 3rd in 2.Bundesliga) and has a shirt number (5) that would lead me to think he is a first-teamer but he hasn't made an appearance yet this season in 2.Bundesliga, so I guess he is in the reserves.

• 9 years later...

Archived