USL's release on 2010...Edmonton & Ottawa?

Peter Schaad

quote:Originally posted by Vic

Agree Richard. Never seen a reference to the Stadium without football markings and would rather watch lower level without lines.

I'd rather watch all levels without (football) lines!

quote:Wouldn't go watch football on a soccer field either.

I take it you're not a fan of the CFL, then? :D

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

The paint and equipment used make it way easier to take gridiron lines off these days.

That remains an open question. As far as I'm concerned, the upcoming ground-share between the BC Lions and the Vancouver Whitecaps will be an important test-case.

Isn't the question closed? Qwest Field looks pretty good for Sounders games. So it is possible to remove the football gridiron from a field, and have the same turf look like a proper soccer pitch.

The only variable is the willingness of the owner to pay for the service. Kraft in NE doesn't do it. I'm sure Kerfoot will.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

The Whitecaps have stated categorically more than once that there will be NO football lines at BC Place for MLS Vancouver matches. This was one of their pre-conditions for signing on to the project. There is no doubt on this one despite the skeptics.

And to facilitate that, they won't be loading up the endzones and sidelines with extra paint.

Archived