Marcel De Jong

mausi

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Mike Thompson said:

Harvey out? de Jong in? I hope the whitecaps choose to pickup his option and make him the #1 next season 

I liked Dejong and he’s proven in this 2nd half of the season that he’s still got game.  Harvey will probably test free agency and make sign for LAFC, or so the rumours are swirling, california boy returning to his roots.  I think if Dejong stays for 1 more season he’ll mentor Levis or compete with another offseason signing.  Rumours in Caps land that up to half the team might not be back, other than the core 11

On 10/25/2017 at 10:30 PM, Northvansteve said:

Another great game for de Jong at LB for the Whitecaps in their playoff game vs San Jose. Dangerous in attack, and thorough defensively. This guy has been such an underrated player. 

I don't think underrated is the right word. I think he has gone through wild swings in form. He looks miles better to me now than he did during his spell with SKC. Even during his time in Europe, he had great games for Canada sprinkled between some poor outings. Sure every player has up and down games, but for me it has been very pronounced for Marcel.

Confidence, competition, being comfortable in the situation...I don't know the reason. I just hope this positive play continues.

9 hours ago, masster said:

I don't think underrated is the right word. I think he has gone through wild swings in form. He looks miles better to me now than he did during his spell with SKC. Even during his time in Europe, he had great games for Canada sprinkled between some poor outings. Sure every player has up and down games, but for me it has been very pronounced for Marcel.

Confidence, competition, being comfortable in the situation...I don't know the reason. I just hope this positive play continues.

Not really underrated, his form was awful at the beginning of the season

• 4 months later...
52 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Played well, both offensively and defensively.

Agree with that assessment...Despite his age, turning 32 this year(not that he is old or on verge of retirement by any means) he looked very sharp and imo was one of the  best Caps today in the field...Really like his momentum, his prowess and calmness with the ball, reads the game well, doesn't try to go all crazy 

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

At 32 and int on many teams i doubt it. A lot of people saying he's buddies with the Pacific guys and from all the features i saw on him.. seemed to be a guy nicely settled on the West Coast with his family. Could probably also play as an attacking player in CPL which would be appealing

Would be a great pick up for the league for sure. Would have a good 3 seasons at least at CPL level, LB or LW, possibly even in the middle as he has cracking vision.