Oct 24: Toronto at New York [R]

RS

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by tovan

Toronto could learn a thing or two about simple passing plays, working as a team...

I was at this game with Frank from the Canucks in Germany forum, our man in K-slautern, and his girlfriend. Sitting in row 4 near the left side of the Barça defence.

Possession only works if it works, and if you have players who can do it. Some are able to step up and play that way, others are not. It is not just skills, it is also what the coach asks for. And most importantantly: how the whole team moves off the ball.

We've seen that with Canada too, we've played beautiful possession (like two Gold Cups ago) with results, and we've played like crap. But rarely have we really had tactical control of an important game. And that is true for TFC as well.

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

Cough*** That game did not mean shi* to the Impact cough*** Reserve team cough***

Winning the V-cup only to lose out in the preliminary round to Puerto-Rico without scoring a single goal (the same team the Impact soundly eliminated in the USL-1 semi-finals) is not much to be smug about....

And losing by 5 goals playing against the worst team in MLS with your A-Squad in what was arguably the most important game in franchise history, I would lay off the 6-1 talk if I where you....

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/465fcjimbrennan042407.jpg/

Let's be fair: both teams were f*cking disgraceful.

So who makes the MLS playoffs first, TFC or the Whitecaps?

Raptors = disgrace

Argos = disgrace

Maple Leafs = disgrace

TFC = disgrace

Alouettes = godlike

Canadiens = nice average team

Impact = Champions

I still dont understand how Toronto manages to get looser teams every freakin' year with all that money rolling. This is bliss!!!

Congratulations (and I'm serious here, I'm not trying to be flippant) to the MLS Canadians who will taste playoff action this season:

Pat Onstad and Andrew Hainault (Houston)

Ante Jazic (Chivas)

Will Johnson (Real Salt Lake --- who would have thought after last weekend that they'd be in and Toronto out?)

Dejan Jakovic (DC United) may yet get in but will have to wait for this afternoon's results.

quote:Originally posted by Philippe

Raptors = disgrace

Argos = disgrace

Maple Leafs = disgrace

TFC = disgrace

Alouettes = godlike

Canadiens = nice average team

Impact = Champions

I still dont understand how Toronto manages to get looser teams every freakin' year with all that money rolling. This is bliss!!!

???????????????

FYI, TFC is our current Canadian champs!

I love how all these Montreal Impact so called Canadian Supporters come here and make fun of us after every loss.

Rarely do you see TFC supporters making fun of Montreal when they lose unless it is against us.You coming here and mocking really makes your football club look better right? Just shut up and watch your Montreal Impact and stop making up all these Toronto teams are disgraceful.

And second of all, how are you people Voyageurs? Voyageurs are Canadian soccer supporters. Don't you want Canada to succeed? Or do you want 5 Canadians involved with the MNT (De Ro, De Guz, Attakora, Serioux, Brennan) to all miss the playoffs? Don't you want 5 extra important MNT member playing meaningful playoff games? I cheer for Montreal and Vancouver in USL because they make Canada look good and helps out the MNT. Only in the Voyageurs Cup I go against them because Toronto FC is my favourite team and I'm from Toronto. True Voyageurs think this way. You guys aren't Voyageurs... Your Impact supporters. So get off this board.

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

I love how all these Montreal Impact so called Canadian Supporters come here and make fun of us after every loss.

Rarely do you see TFC supporters making fun of Montreal when they lose unless it is against us.You coming here and mocking really makes your football club look better right? Just shut up and watch your Montreal Impact and stop making up all these Toronto teams are disgraceful.

And second of all, how are you people Voyageurs? Voyageurs are Canadian soccer supporters. Don't you want Canada to succeed? Or do you want 5 Canadians involved with the MNT (De Ro, De Guz, Attakora, Serioux, Brennan) to all miss the playoffs? Don't you want 5 extra important MNT member playing meaningful playoff games? I cheer for Montreal and Vancouver in USL because they make Canada look good and helps out the MNT. Only in the Voyageurs Cup I go against them because Toronto FC is my favourite team and I'm from Toronto. True Voyageurs think this way. You guys aren't Voyageurs... Your Impact supporters. So get off this board.

Who the f**k are you to tell people to get off anything??

Sorry but I remember all too well all the comments from TFC supporters who also consider themselves V`s, who were hoping the Impact would get blown out in the CCL last year and you know what thats normal!!!

This is club soccer and in my book it has nothing to do with the MNT no matter how many of these players are on TFC... Its called a rivalry and its pretty normal for supporters of both teams to want to

put each other down for their respective teams failures. Intense rivalries will create more interest for football in this country. So get a friggin' clue and stop whining...

You think Chelsea supporters root for Man-U in the Champions league because some of their players play on England`s team??

What? Is there a definition of a true Voyageur? So you support Canadian soccer? Did you follow the Lynx? Or you just decided to show up when Toronto had an MLS club just like the other 90% of TFC fans?

We are talking about club football right here. Not the MNT.

Enough with this bullcrap about how the TFC "or the Impact or Whitecaps" making the playoffs is good for the MNT because it doesnt make any difference.

I can care less about the other Canadian clubs. That doesnt mean that I dont care about Canadian soccer in other words, the MNT.

Just to add one point to what my fellow Impact supporters have said, as has already been pointed out some of the players who choked for TFC and the same guys who choked for Canada in WCQ and also went out partying afterwards. Maybe as Canada fans we should be happy that some of their characters are being revealed so our next coach can take this into consideration when the MNT is being selected.

are you 12 years old? c'mon man! grow up.

Do Montreal supporters take their hate of all things Toronto a little too far??? Most definitely....it's a little tiresome to be honest. But when TFC sh-ts the bed as badly as they did last night, its inevitable. The fact that the Leafs, Jays and the pointball team all suck too, it makes Toronto easy pickings.

club soccer is all about intense rivalries. If the Impact supporters wished TFC supporters well, where is the fun in that?

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

Sorry but I remember all too well all the comments from TFC supporters who also consider themselves V`s, who were hoping the Impact would get blown out in the CCL last year and you know what thats normal!!!

Actually, i clearly remember alot (not all) of TFC fans supporting Montreal during their CCL run. You guys were probably too busy blowing each other to notice though. Then, when TFC won this year alot (again, not all) of Montreal fans did not return the favour and actually wanted us to fail. Whatever. Your blind hatred of all things Toronto is rather sad and pathetic.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Actually, i clearly remember alot (not all) of TFC fans supporting Montreal during their CCL run. You guys were probably too busy blowing each other to notice though. Then, when TFC won this year alot (again, not all) of Montreal fans did not return the favour and actually wanted us to fail. Whatever. Your blind hatred of all things Toronto is rather sad and pathetic.

How is wanting my team's most hated rival to do poorly in a club competition equal me having blind hatred of all things Toronto??

I have been to Toronto many times and I always end up having a good time at the bars and good restaurants...I do not have a "blind hatred" of all things Toronto because I want the Impact's biggest rival to lose and you assuming that I do is rather sad and pathetic (especially since you don't even know me and have no idea how I feel about Toronto in non-sports related matters)...Once again its a SPORTS rivalry, thats what makes it fun...

Archived