Oct 24: Toronto at New York [R]

RS

That's a pretty broad brush to paint everybody with.

Some of the guys you listed above are capible of getting it done at the mls level ... others aren't.

The other part of the equation is a coach that is inept and a GM that is relatively clueless. Hey let's draft another central mid when there's a perfectly good defender avaiable (and a good one at that!).

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the problem with this team is the lack of wing play, which clogs the middle of the park as De Guzman and Guevara try to force things up the middle. When that doesn't work and they do play to the wings, nothing comes of it. When is the last time you saw someone beat his man to the byline and throw in the cross behind the defence. Too many central midfielders. One really good striker would also help things ALOT.

I offer TFC and its fans my congratulations on:

-3 years of failure

-embarrassing Canada twice internationally this year

-losing the most important game of the year 5-0 to the worst team in the league

In honour of these astounding accomplishments, I will once again post a link to this classic Canadian soccer video 005.gif:

At least the Impact loses by 5 when it doesn't change anything to them. How TFC fans can now make fun at the Impact for their 6-1 loss after this pathetic showing ? I mean, their season is on the line and they play like... well there's not a word already existing that can express how heartless they played. They lost by the same margin with their A-team against a team that had 4 W in 29 games when this game was about TFC's first ever playoff appearance. Starting from now, it's official only Caps fans can make fun at Impact fans with the 6-1 drubbing ! :D

Even in the middle of a really exciting game between the Habs and the Rangers (which the Habs won 5-4 in OT BTW, not like the hapless Laffs...), I still managed to find some minutes to watch TFC's game tonight and boy that was awful, even more if you consider I was at Saputo last Saturday [8D] . The sad part is that actually TFC more or less equals MNT and they really played today like they haven't played together before. Scary... [B)]

So based on a Toronto loss as they did, which team benefits most from the loss ?

You have to wonder how they are going to bring that team home and what TFC fans will turn up to meet them ?

Seriously can they put them on a bus.. and drive them through the night and let them thing what its like to be an embarassment.

quote:Originally posted by Niagara Hammer

I am so annoyed, that I spent the last hour trying to get to watch this game. I can watch King of Quees but t=not theTFC Game.

Have I mentioned I hate vista.

now down by three there is no point.

I think I'll sign off this means until Canada plays there next game.

I need A drink!!

I feel the same way, I tried to find a place that i could watch the game and i feel like i tried harder to watch the game then the players tried to play the game.

TFC was lacking heart in this game, to lose this bad vs one if the weakest teams in the league is pathetic.

hopefully next year is different.

TFC will have its 4th coach in 4 seasons next year for sure. What they need is someone with some winning experience as a coach. Or maybe just some experience would be nice. A shame for Edwards that after all the good work he did last week that he was so poor. I think NY scored 5 on just 5 shots on goal. Nothing he could do about a few of them, but the 1st & 3rd he'd like to have back. Serioux & Cronin the goats on the others (although #5 was a bad call, not that it mattered one jot by that stage).

Attack-wise there was no game plan at all. It's like the team had no coach and had to make things up as they went along. Mid-field totally out of sync with De Guzman and Guevara always competing for the same spot on the field and the team not playing compact enough in general.

Just tossing this out.. could someone buy the Lynx franchise to put in a USL team in Toronto for next year ?

I suppose the stadia is held only for TFC but there must be a five thousand seater elsewhere in town, it might be the only way the TFC players realize they have to have a heart.

Sad .. wonder how many will jump off the TFC bus this winter.

Dallas is leading 1-0 against Seattle. If the score remains the same till the end, that would mean the RSL win over Colorado will have pushed the latter out of the playoff picture when they were the 7th seed. I hope I put some sunlight in your day TFC fans as you can see TFC is not alone in its world... [:P]

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

When the defence leaks like a sieve the experienced central defender who would be expected to keep it organized should probably be first in line when fingers start to be pointed.

Well I did point a finger at him. Although to be fair to Adrian on one aspect, I believe his career experience in marshalling a back-three extends to two games - last week and this week. And Gomez was playing way too far to the right in a back three, almost like he still thought he was in a back four. Still, the 2nd goal was totally Serioux's fault.

*Cough* 6-1 Toronto FC > Montreal Impact *Cough* Ah that makes me feel better.

Yeah they played like **** today... but we still won the most important trophy this year by winning the Voyageurs Cup. I'm not too sad we missed the playoffs... we need a whole new team pretty much.. and coach especially. Lets make the changes fast and get some chemistry going for 2010 which we've been lacking.

But seriously... f*cking disgrace.

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

*Cough* 6-1 Toronto FC > Montreal Impact *Cough* Ah that makes me feel better.

Yeah they played like **** today... but we still won the most important trophy this year by winning the Voyageurs Cup. I'm not too sad we missed the playoffs... we need a whole new team pretty much.. and coach especially. Lets make the changes fast and get some chemistry going for 2010 which we've been lacking.

But seriously... f*cking disgrace.

Cough*** That game did not mean shi* to the Impact cough*** Reserve team cough***

Winning the V-cup only to lose out in the preliminary round to Puerto-Rico without scoring a single goal (the same team the Impact soundly eliminated in the USL-1 semi-finals) is not much to be smug about....

And losing by 5 goals playing against the worst team in MLS with your A-Squad in what was arguably the most important game in franchise history, I would lay off the 6-1 talk if I where you....

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/465fcjimbrennan042407.jpg/

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

Yeah they played like **** today... but we still won the most important trophy this year by winning the Voyageurs Cup.

Wow if that makes you feel better hahaha.

As much as the 1-6 was a disgrace and unrespectful to the fans in the stadium, it's not exactly in the same category as 5-0 against the worst team of the league when your playoffs hopes are on the line. Were there any RPB/USector/other groups in NY?

quote:Originally posted by MastaK

Wow if that makes you feel better hahaha.

As much as the 1-6 was a disgrace and unrespectful to the fans in the stadium, it's not exactly in the same category as 5-0 against the worst team of the league when your playoffs hopes are on the line. Were there any RPB/USector/other groups in NY?

It could seem that TFC`s season went down the crapper after that 6-1 result.

You guys asked the soccer gods for a hex and they delivered.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

With so many Canadians in key positions on this team, many of the same players who couldn't get the job (even remotely) done for Canada during WCQ, it has me wondering if their isn't a massive culture of failure in place at the core. I mean Canada had a lot of legitimate hurdles during the last cycle, but if 4 or 5 of the same players look so miserable playing together at club level as well, I think a lot of fingers have to end up pointed at the likes of DDR, DeGuzman, Brennan, Serioux, Gerba and co.

Bad year to be a Canadian supporter.

I wonder if they are out sampling the New York nightlife tonight just like they did with the Montreal nightlife after the loss to Honduras?

Archived