"Making a TFC coaching list " by Paul James

loyola

And I was going to make a crack about putting himself on the list prior to reading... :D

The list seems quite unimaginative to me, which is perfect for Mo, but still.

I'm going to suggest Petr Rada. Had a rough go with the Czechs, but he's far to young too be done with club management. And he's a former Blizzard.

The other obvious choice not on the list if we have to name Canadians, is Peschisolido.

Interesting seeing Yallop on that list, wonder how TFC's Canadian contingent would react to him coming on board. IIRC Serioux owes his career in England to Yallop putting him in the shop window against Millwall in that Canada B friendly, but I wonder what guys like Brennan, DeRo and DeGuz would think of it. Would anyone here favour this move?

I don't see Yallop being an issue. I just can't imagine why he would want to go from being the #1 man at San Jose to being the #2 man (and reporting to Mo Johnston) at TFC.

If Mo were out of the way, there would be a lineup out the door to take over the reigns of TFC.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

And I was going to make a crack about putting himself on the list prior to reading... :D

The list seems quite unimaginative to me, which is perfect for Mo, but still.

I'm going to suggest Petr Rada. Had a rough go with the Czechs, but he's far to young too be done with club management. And he's a former Blizzard.

The other obvious choice not on the list if we have to name Canadians, is Peschisolido.

I remember Rada from his days with the Blizzard. He was a smart footballer.

Regarding Pesch, while I'd love to see him come home one day he is obviously a bit too junior right now having, to this point, only coached Burton Albion 12 times in League Two and while they do have a respectable 5-3-4 record for 18 points, Pesch would probably be the first to admit that he has a lot of learning to do.

^ I wasn't going to say anything but I was mussing along that line the other day. Great club record. Knows a bit about the lay of the land, blah, blah, blah.

However, I'm quite sure he'd be the wrong type of personality for Trader Mo to work with. I don't think Holger would settle for interference from the suits. I also don't think Holger is the "marketing friendly" type MLSE may be looking for in a new manager. Sadly that can be an important feature in selecting a manager.

Steve Nicol was an interesting mention in that one way he would fit well into Trader Mo's comfort zone but not so well in another in that I think he'd insist on being left to do his job as manager (see Holger comment above).

Guys like Preki and Nicol would easily be able to throw Johnston under the bus if things didn't go their way. Their reputations just lend them a higher level of credibility.

If we get an experienced MLS coach, i think someone like Sohen is a strong possibility. He looks decent on paper but still has a few question marks behind his name. Needs to rebuild his reputation somewhat...

Archived