The Final Playoff Spot: TFC vs. RSL

Tuscan

The way things look to be going, it's really going to come down to TFC vs. RSL for the last playoff spot. This is sad in a way since it means that either a ton of Canadians will once again miss out (TFC) or that a single national team player will miss out (Johnson). I really hope Vancouver pick up Will in 2011, unless he goes back to Europe.

yeah I would think Johnson could be great additon to the Caps.

I think him and James would be a formidable duo in the MLS with Haber as a sub and posisble Gbeke as he keeps showing he still can play.

TFC hopefully can pull it off andget the final spot this year I think the fans deserve it they come out full force every game at BMO.

Not so sure about that analysis. I suspect it was based on the standings after Saturday's games. Things shifted a bit after Chivas won yesterday. Both TFC and RSL still have a lot to do to wind up eighth given the Revolution and Chivas both have two games in hand at the moment. As things stand they are both on the outside looking in.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

The Final Playoff Spot: TFC vs. RSL vs. New England vs. DC United vs. Colorado vs. Chivas USA vs. Seattle vs. Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Yeah pretty much. There are some teams that can still realistically either win the Supporters' Shield or miss the playoffs completely.

Remaining Games:

09/19 - Saturday at Los Angeles Galaxy

09/26 - Saturday at Chicago Fire

10/10 - Saturday San Jose Earthquakes

10/17 - Saturday Real Salt Lake

10/24 - Saturday at New York Red Bulls

So TFC must win the last 3 and get at least 2 points from the first 2.

15 points on the table boys. You need at least 11 and a little help from your enemies.

I hope JDG can start this week. At LA, on grass, lets see who has the best DP! ;)

Archived