WCQ

jaymmzzs

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Booooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

F'ing hell yeah

woooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

quote:Originally posted by ob1

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Booooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

F'ing hell yeah

woooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I'm not jealous... I'm not jealous... I'm not jealous... I'm not jealous...

quote:Originally posted by hectorj

FIFA won't let this happen again. You can't let minnows like New Zealand get to the World Cup by only beating other minnows. I bet they'll have to go into the final Asian groupings from here on in. I am happy for New Zealand but it is a joke.

But I'm not sure they would be able to do that without having NZ join AFC. And if you do that, the problem compounds (you'll have Fiji in the playoff). What should've been done is that the winner of Bahrain-NZ play the best runner-up in a UEFA group (Russia).

This shows that AFC is realllllly weak though. They only have 3 decent teams and 4.5 WC spots? I mean, WTF?

Just watched the Egypt- Algeria match. Fantastic for the neutral. Constant action from the first minute with the Egyptian goals coming in the 3rd and 94th minutes to send it to a neutral venue for the playoff decider. Neither team seemed to have any sort of interest in actually defending, as both were horrendous at the back. Based on the little I have seen of both sides, Egypt are the better side and have much more to offer the World Cup if they win the playoff match but full credit to Algeria for some of their play and for helping to make the match such an enjoyable one.

Guest Jeffery S.

Only thing I watched in part today of the official matches, Russia-Slovenia. Russians good on the counter, fast and entertaining. That kind of play exposes them to the late goal that gives Slovenia a chance, when really Russia is superior in talent. Maybe not in strategy, you are up 2-0 and you have to keep it that way, but I am not sure Russia knows how to play any other way than running at their opponent incessantly. Fun team.

Spain-Argentina friendly was dominated by Spain, Argentina rough to the point of violent today, and mediocre. No talented creative mids, a questionable keeper (they don't have a clear starter). Spain wins 2-1. Even then, Argentina could have tied it late. As is, as I see them, they'll be lucky to get out of the WC group stage. But they are a tough competitive team and if you don't put sides like that away, they can give you a rough time.

Saw a bit of Brazil-England: pretty damn boring, or am I wrong, or is Bent an incredible diver or what?

must be better streams - but cr-uruguay is here: http://www.liveballlive.net/5478%20Costa%20Rica%20vs%20Uruguay.htm

Even though they are 1-nil down, CR has been controlling large stretches of the game and have played some wonderful football. It's kinda depressing how far ahead of Canada they are at the moment and how much they have improved in the last decade or so, while our program has gone in the toilet. Regardless of the final outcome of this series, anyone that thinks we, too, could go toe-to-toe with the likes of Uruguay is out of their freaking minds.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Spain-Argentina friendly was dominated by Spain, Argentina rough to the point of violent today, and mediocre. No talented creative mids, a questionable keeper (they don't have a clear starter). Spain wins 2-1. Even then, Argentina could have tied it late. As is, as I see them, they'll be lucky to get out of the WC group stage. But they are a tough competitive team and if you don't put sides like that away, they can give you a rough time.

I think if Aguero was playing the result would've been different. Tevez has completely lost it!! He's utter crap! Blew a number of opportunities in the second-half (I agree that Spain dominated the first-half, but I thought Argentina were the better team in the second-half).

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

1-0 Portugal.

Hopefully the portuguese hammer Bosnia and the Bosnians never even come close to qualifying for anything ever again.

I only saw the first-half but Portugal were extremely lucky to be ahead 1-nil at halftime. How did the second-half go?

Portugal look very beatable without Ronaldo.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

must be better streams - but cr-uruguay is here: http://www.liveballlive.net/5478%20Costa%20Rica%20vs%20Uruguay.htm

Even though they are 1-nil down, CR has been controlling large stretches of the game and have played some wonderful football. It's kinda depressing how far ahead of Canada they are at the moment and how much they have improved in the last decade or so, while our program has gone in the toilet. Regardless of the final outcome of this series, anyone that thinks we, too, could go toe-to-toe with the likes of Uruguay is out of their freaking minds.

Uruguay are at another level. I thought CR were disappointing tonight. They hardly created any chances whatsoever.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Uruguay are at another level. I thought CR were disappointing tonight. They hardly created any chances whatsoever.

I disagree about CR. They dominated stretches of the first half and, although they had an uneven second half, they played most of the second frame (from min. 53 onwards) with ten men.

Interesting to see Simoes in charge of CR. I must have missed that.

Archived