WCQ

jaymmzzs

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.atdhe.net/

Hookup your computer to you TV and you got nice coverage.

I usually buy a flat of beer and just chill at home with some friends, then go play a game myself. And IF Anyone got some spare $$$ around this is a nice addition fits nicely Behind a LCDTV: http://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=165 HD version are around 400$ + TAX while the cheaper version there are some at 216$ +Tax

http://www.anitec.ca/product/595523/asus-system-eeebox-b202-intel-atom-n270-gma950-dvi-802-11bgn-black-36w-retail-ebxb202blkl0027

anyway back to footy gentlemen:D

Not all great players will make great coaches, that's for sure. With Portugal and Denmark sharing the spoils yesterday, and Argentina losing, there's a very high possibility that Messi and Ronaldo might miss the world cup. I'm no fan of either national team, but it would be a shame to lose the world's best two players to miss out on the biggest stage.

quote:Originally posted by earlimus

Not all great players will make great coaches, that's for sure. With Portugal and Denmark sharing the spoils yesterday, and Argentina losing, there's a very high possibility that Messi and Ronaldo might miss the world cup. I'm no fan of either national team, but it would be a shame to lose the world's best two players to miss out on the biggest stage.

Argentina will qualify to the WC because

1. After Paraguay they play Peru in Argentina and that's 3 points for sure, and

2. The countries that are below but near Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay, they will play all against each other.

But I'd love to see Argentina eliminated because I don't like Maradona. However, I believe that after WCQ, Maradona will resign or he will be fired.

EDIT: another fact is Argentina was very very very lucky that Uruguay and Ecuador lose their game yesterday.

Not only that but Argentina were lucky that Mexico won, IMO. Now that it is extremely unlikely that Mexico will finish in 4th, Argentina can probably afford to finish 5th in C'BOL and still win the playoff fairly comfortably. I just can't see Costa Rica or Honduras defences coping well with that frontline of Messi-Aguero-Tevez

In Africa, a huge game between Nigeria and Tunisia saw the Tunisians equalize in the 90th minute. Quite unfortunately for most neutrals I would think as it would've been fun to see Nigeria play in a WC finals held in Africa. Plus I think some of us are still scared from Tunisia matches in Germany 2006. Man, they are one boring team to watch! [V] Ghana and Cote dÍvoire clinched their WC births. Also a good weekend for Cameroon. They were bottom of their group 24 hours ago, but can go top if they win on Wedesday at home against Gabon.

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

Ha! That would be really hard for their national team. If that happens, there will be a third coach for the same qualification tournament!

Yeah but they have to do it. How many times are they going to have a player like Messi in his prime with a World Cup approaching? This opportunity can't be wasted.

Pathetic effort from Croatia. Pranjic was an embarassment. A begrudging congrats to you England fans out there.

Ukraine was desperately unlucky not to win in Minsk (it was streaming in the background at work, with the commentator saying 'YARMOLENKO!... oh Yarmolenko, Yarmolenko, Yarmolenko (muttering)'.) Not sure why he was starting over Nazarenko or Voronin.

Germany v Russia next month in Moscow should be fantastic.

Guest Jeffery S.

Spain is in (3-0 over Estonia) and in my mind is the strongest side in the world right now, stronger than Brazil man for man, in depth at each position, and as a block. Only given up two goals in eight matches in qualifying.

For me that is next year´s final, Brazil-Spain, I think every other one of the top sides is a step below.

Four losses out of the last five for the Argies -yikes. Ecuador to fourth - I love it. Bahrain come out as the extra 1/2 place in Asia for the second time in a row, denying Saudi Arabia their fifth straight chance to cure the rest of the world of their World Cup-seasonal insomnia. Bahrain-NZ for the last spot out of that part of the world. I'll say it again - why isn't their a mini-tournament for the runner-ups from all the world groups to fight for the last 3 or 4 spots? I think it could be more popular than a lot of World Cup games and it plays perfectly to the principles of fairness.

Archived