TFC SGs letter to Crew FO

Rudi S of U-Sector has requested that I publish the letter TFC supporter's groups sent to the Crew FO back in April. It should help fans understand why the groups are not planning on traveling back to Columbus.

http://www.24thminute.com/2009/07/tfc-supporters-groups-letter-to-crew-gm.html

IE users please go directly to: www.24thminute.com (and switch to Firefox!)

Good letter except for the following trouble with negatives:

We will also actively discourage all TFC fans who are not members of our supporters groups to not travel to Ohio, instead encouraging travel to other nearby cities in which instances like those of that Saturday have never occurred.

Something like this would be better:

The supporter groups will also actively discourage all other TFC fans from traveling to Ohio, etc.....

I hope the team doesn't suffer from a lack of support away, but on the flip side, hopefully they are fully aware of why this is happening, and go in with a bit of extra gusto to come out with three points. Don't let those yellow fakers take three...

If I understand this correctly, TFC fans are shocked that they went into Columbus compared the Crews championship to eating manure, and then were Shocked when they were met by a comittee on their way home. Hardcore my ass !!! If you dish it, you have to able to take it.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

If I understand this correctly, TFC fans are shocked that they went into Columbus compared the Crews championship to eating manure, and then were Shocked when they were met by a comittee on their way home. Hardcore my ass !!! If you dish it, you have to able to take it.

Yes, you've gotten all the issues in a nutshell. [8)]

Try reading the letter before jumping into your asshole routine.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Good letter except for the following trouble with negatives:

We will also actively discourage all TFC fans who are not members of our supporters groups to not travel to Ohio, instead encouraging travel to other nearby cities in which instances like those of that Saturday have never occurred.

Something like this would be better:

The supporter groups will also actively discourage all other TFC fans from traveling to Ohio, etc.....

Yeah Grizz, I wrote that in a haste and while that part you referred to works, it is awkward. I also noticed some minor redundancies elsewhere in the letter when I read it yesterday. It's funny how different one can read their own stuff after the emotion of the situation has disappeared.

Either way, the point got through to the right people, as I wrote in the other thread that Trillium started.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Yes, they sure deserved being directed to an angry mob by security. Also, it was a good thing the Columbus filth were there to taser anyone the Pet Shop Boys Crew missed.

Violence is beautiful, eh Mr. I?

Archived