Grande kicked out of the team

JFC

Either he is at the center of the chemistry and dressing room issues, or he was trying to stand up to bad coaching and is the scapegoat. I hope it's the former because if it's the latter that's just terrible. These chemistry issues were painfully obvious again v. Puerto Rico as time and time again turn-overs and missed scoring opportunities were the result of poor communication on the pitch. Since Grande wasn't on the pitch it's obvious he wasn't SOLELY the problem. Hopefully these latest roster cuts will pave the way for a significant signing or two with the transfer window open.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gJDYZKvi4ih2ITRU-_qaoy32QCqQ

Quote from Joey Joe Joe:

quote:"Sandro's act was completely unacceptable and our organization does not tolerate such behaviour," Impact president Joey Saputo said in a statement Monday. "We have therefore taken the necessary disciplinary measures. Regardless of the circumstances or the player involved, violence is not accepted in our club."

I wonder if he feels the same way about the silliness from MDS.

If that is the case then what about what Mauro Biello did? HE provoked Sandro...the more I follow the Impact the more they disappoint me.

Its not even about losing anymore it is the off-field antics, the bs:

1 - firing a coach when they should have given him more time

2 - bringing in 'talented' players that don't jive with the team

3 - playing those players, they don't perform, then playing them again and again....

4 - playing like a bunch of girls in CCL i.e. Montreal v TFC in Montreal

and now Sandro is out....what is next? This year's soccer soap opera = Montreal Impact

The Impact haven't been a team for months now, I just hope somehow they can pull themselves out of this cr@p

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Either he is at the center of the chemistry and dressing room issues, or he was trying to stand up to bad coaching and is the scapegoat. I hope it's the former because if it's the latter that's just terrible. These chemistry issues were painfully obvious again v. Puerto Rico as time and time again turn-overs and missed scoring opportunities were the result of poor communication on the pitch. Since Grande wasn't on the pitch it's obvious he wasn't SOLELY the problem. Hopefully these latest roster cuts will pave the way for a significant signing or two with the transfer window open.

I'll start out by saying that I don't think the Impact had an option for any other course of action. Boys will be boys and all that but come on. This incident is beyond that.

I'll finish by saying that it did seem to take an awfuly long time to come to this, after "The Incident" that is, so it kind of leaves me wondering if there aren't more factors at work in this decision beyond choking your coach. Maybe over the last week or so it became apparent those factors couldn't be resolved to everyones liking?

Either way what a mess.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

I'll start out by saying that I don't think the Impact had an option for any other course of action. Boys will be boys and all that but come on. This incident is beyond that.

I'll finish by saying that it did seem to take an awfuly long time to come to this, after "The Incident" that is, so it kind of leaves me wondering if there aren't more factors at work in this decision beyond choking your coach. Maybe over the last week or so it became apparent those factors couldn't be resolved to everyones liking?

Either way what a mess.

It takes two people to cause an incident like this and Biello provoked Grande. Biello was wrongfully pissed off about a pass Grande made to him and berrated him very loudly during the setup of the corner. You can hear Biello yelling him clearly on the archived video of the game. Personally, I have two problems with this, one I think the punishment is too severe especially since Grande is one of the best players on a pretty mediocre team. Two I think it is completely unfair to punish Grande and not Biello. Grande should have been given the stronger punishment but Biello should not have gotten off scot-free.

This points out once again the whole problem with the Impact organization. There is a double standard depending on how much they like you. Nick De Santis has a horrible start as coach last year and he gets promoted to manager. Limniatis has 5 bad games and he is fired. The same thing happens throughout the organization and the players know this as well as anyone. Biello is one of the guys management likes so he is treated different than Grande and some of the other players and that creates dissatisfaction and a bad atmosphere. Vancouver had a very similar situation earlier this year with Charles and Gbeke and dealt with it in a much fairer way and penalized both players. It is quite obvious that Vancouver is much more professional organization than the Impact.

Also the reason the decission took so long was because Saputo was away and they were waiting for him to return to Montreal. Very revealing as to who runs the team even on the sports side of things.

quote:Originally posted by GrizzlyPersonally, I have two problems with this, one I think the punishment is too severe especially since Grande is one of the best players on a pretty mediocre team.

Is this an excuse to let Grande with the team? I agree he's (he was) the most talented Impact player but IMO, that's not an excuse to do what he did. I think he deserves what's happening to him.

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

Is this an excuse to let Grande with the team? I agree he's (he was) the most talented Impact player but IMO, that's not an excuse to do what he did. I think he deserves what's happening to him.

Why didn't the Caps release Charles for hitting Gbeke then? Grande didn't even hit Biello. The punishment is too severe. The Impact have also cancelled his contract on the behaviour clause though I doubt that will stand up in court.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Why didn't the Caps release Charles for hitting Gbeke then? Grande didn't even hit Biello. The punishment is too severe. The Impact have also cancelled his contract on the behaviour clause though I doubt that will stand up in court.

Maybe the Caps didn't do the right thing then.

quote:Originally posted by snake

grande is obviously a cancer in the room.

Yes, perhaps, but the proof will be in the pudding. If the Impact turn their season around, then we might be able to make this claim.

So, where will Grande land? Would the Caps take a chance?

Al Shat? They're freshly promoted from what I hear.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Yes, perhaps, but the proof will be in the pudding. If the Impact turn their season around, then we might be able to make this claim.

So, where will Grande land? Would the Caps take a chance?

Grande was interviewed on RDS, and mentioned that he is not the first player to be mistreated by the Impact, and how these same players went on to better things. I believe he was referring to Antonio Ribiero signing with San Jose Earthquakes, after being released by the Impact.

I think Sandro can play in the MLS, if he is motivated to do so. Vancouver can be an option seeing as they will be in 2011. Puerto Rico is another option seeing that they will try to make another CCL run, and need all the depth they can manage. PR is not a bad place to finish off a season. He might be calling Frank Yallop in San Jose, who is familiar with him.

Funny on the Impact side of things, Mauro Biello is NDS's brother in law, and he is also a player coach with the team. It seems to me that Joey Saputo has got a tight hold of what goes on in that dressing room, with Biello, and puppet boy Dos Santos at his beck and call. He previously mentioned that he was a hands off owner, when it came to the dressing room.

Speaking of Saputo, he mentioned that he's still working on MLS for 2011, despite the poor performance of the club.

The problem in my eyes is the team changes so often, from year to year many players come and go. I remember reading back when Liminiatis was coach that they will try to have a more stable team. However, I think that is a pipe dream right now.

I think Grande will surely land himself a job with a better pay than Impact was paying him.

As redhat mentions:

He was by far their best player during CCL last year...this season he is out...this is not a good sign for the rest of the team.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Why release perhaps the best player from the CCL run? By releasing one

of your top players, what did Montreal get in return? Nothing?

I will never understand this year's edition of the Impact.

The only way that this could make any sense, is if Sandro Grande was a cancer on this team, and if you combine this with his poor play, and that he was making alot of money for a USL player.

The Impact released him with out compensation, saying that he breeched a clause in the contract which stated that he must uphold the image of the club at all times.

Grande claims that his contract was guaranteed, and that he is willing to go to FIFA to have it respected.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Joey Saputo can work on MLS 2011 all he wants, he's not getting in until at least 2012. They're not going to dilute the expansion draft for Vancouver and Portland, because HE didn't want to pay the dollars in the first place.

How do you know this??? Do you attend MLS board meetings?

I had an interesting chat with a teammate who knew him (as a player) growing up and says he has always been a "dick" on the field. Not claiming inside info or anything but hearsay, but I wonder if the team was waiting for this. I mean, it can;t just be these two incidents. There must be more to the story.

Archived