Kevin McKenna

sinhaya

4 hours ago, RS said:

Unnamed Trialist got banned a few months back for writing some pretty offensive things.

News to me as well.  

I wouldn't mind if big decisions like this were made in a more public fashion. @admin generally makes reasonable decisions but it's always best to have multiple viewpoints. 

On the other hand, perhaps there's a good reason this one went under the radar.

31 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

On the other hand, perhaps there's a good reason this one went under the radar.

I didn't really go under the radar. UT and @Macksam got into it pretty publicly at the time, although the offensive posts got scrubbed.

I don't think UT's banning was @admin's call, though. One of the other mods pulled the trigger after multiple warnings.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

I didn't really go under the radar. UT and @Macksam got into it pretty publicly at the time, although the offensive posts got scrubbed.

I don't think UT's banning was @admin's call, though. One of the other mods pulled the trigger after multiple warnings.

I guess I'll have to trust the process, especially since its none of my business, but I still wonder what could have possibly been so offside as to earn a full ban, given the level and extent of bullsh!t that has gone unpunished around here over the years.   

As someone who never posts but who has read this site every single day for 10+ years, I am sad to read that UT got banned. I was hoping he was just taking a break from the s*** storm he was part of but not the only one from what I saw. I was one of those who tried to read all the posts, nasty or not, trying to understand each posters point of view. and I agree that I feel others crossed worse lines (repeatedly) yet they were not banned.

I've posted under various profile names and UT has always been very kind to me in his replies. I also thought he was one of the most insightful posters here. 

Farewell UT, you'll be missed by this long time fan. 

Edited by saintjoes

15 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Mel Gibson is a racist, but made some good movies. Jeffrey is not a racist, but made some bad posts. There is no Free Unnamed Trialists GIF unfortunately.

I am sure if he cared enough he would have just made another account. Look at that one CPL troll on twitter. The guy has like 130 accounts

I agree with so much said above.  I really appreciated UT's insights, and as a result, I was willing pardon his tone.  If he crossed the line, then there are consequences.  I am willing to accept that the admins had good cause as they seem present enough to know who is saying what and who is a regular contributor and simply talking s**t. I am hoping this is a temporary ban and not permanent so that UT can be back.

Imagine if you will Gold Cup 2013, when my internet friend Nolando informed me that Jeffrey S. will be accompanying us (like in the same car?) to Seattle. I'm calling in sick for this bullshit?

Within 5 minutes of meeting the guy I absolutely loved him. So knowledgable about football and many other topics and always eager -in person- to hear your opinion.

Mel Gibson was a horrible analogy. Forgot about his anti-Semitic bullshit. Which reminds me... Going to a game with Jeff, his kid and kid's friend... Security tries to take the friends' egg salad sandwich... He immediately yells out in his distinctive raspy voice ''He's gotta eat Kosher! He's gotta eat Kosher!" Operation egg salad accomplished. 

I wish I had the balls and the wit. Trust me, his on board antics were always tongue-in-cheek and he's a quality guy.

What is the policy?? You would think if a guy likes being here and he gets banned for a few months he'll come back and cut out whatever got his pee pee slapped.  Look at Robert, he wants to be here, wants to post..just comes back with a new identity.  Does the site even do permanent bans??  

I recall how on the old Network54 message board topics would sometimes branch apart as they splintered into different directions.  Very organic and difficuilt to follow sometimes but very natural in a way.  Starting one place and ending up someplace else unexpectedly.

Kinda like McKenna.  I'd wager if you'd asked him after his tranfer to Hearts that he'd return to Germany to continue his playing career and build a life in football beyond his playing days he might have voiced some scepticism, and yet there he is.

Be interested in seeing a list of all the Canadian players who had successful careers in the '90s and '00s who've made a career for themselves overseas.  Out of necessity more than opportunity I'd suppose.

Anyway, just a thought.  As you were.    

On 12/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, RS said:

Unnamed Trialist got banned a few months back for writing some pretty offensive things.

And here I thought me giving him that verbal assault was the sole reason for his departure, like he needed to collect himself and look in the mirror. I have chilled out myself, more so than usual so I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

He had some intelligent views no doubt. 

• 5 months later...

I have a team photo by my desk with his nephew in it. Just to be clear that I am not some super creepy fan of Kevin and his extended family, his nephew was on the last boys' team I coached, along with my son.

Edited by Ed_S
more info