Kevin McKenna

sinhaya

19 hours ago, nolando said:

My memory is foggy too but I seem to remember Hearts using him as a late match striker pretty regularly. Does that ring a bell?

Yes, definitely remember that. Late in the game when they needed a goal.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:12 AM, nolando said:

My memory is foggy too but I seem to remember Hearts using him as a late match striker pretty regularly. Does that ring a bell?

Yes I think Cottbus did that at times too. He was not fast or technically skilled enough to be a striker (by which I mean to do the other things you need a striker to do other than just scoring goals) but he was a big body in the box, good with his head and a pretty good finisher when he had the chance so he could be used in that role when you needed a late game goal.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Has just left the 1. FC Köln coaching ranks: https://fc.de/en/fc-info/news/detailpage/details/mckenna-leaves-fc/

Probably has lots of options in Germany, and I'm aware he is very settled there, but wouldn't he be nice to bring back to Canada? His wish to be the first team manager to young professionals could possibly be met in the Canadian league after a year or two of deputizing in the CanPL. Start out in Winnipeg, 

• 4 months later...

Didn't see it anywhere (Grizz would have caught it were he here) but Kevin McKenna is now an assistant at B3 side FC Kaiserslautern under Boris Schommers:  https://www.archysport.com/2019/09/boris-schommers-becomes-the-new-coach-of-1-fc-kaiserslautern-football-swr-sports/

Holding out for a chance to be second-in-command with a German first team paid off; congrats to big Kevin, a Canadian legend!

McKenna worked alongside Schommers in the youth ranks at Koln and both are young and ambitious. This is also where Andre Hainault is on the books, and it's been a club that's been good to a few Canadians over the years.

Edited by nolando

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Perhaps, but many of them didn't seem to come over to the new forum location once it was moved. Although that wasn't the case with Unnamed Trialist as he was posting in the new forum location for a while.

Good call. I actually hadn't noticed, but that seems to be the case