Jacob Lensky signs for FC Utrecht.

SCF08

I know his dad gets brought up time to time here but I can't help but think he's influencing his son's decision. A year ago his dad made a bunch of discussion posts on a globeandmail.com piece about Toronto FC. He blabbed on and on about how teams from the Czech 3rd division would absolutely destroy Toronto FC. It was the typical extreme euro-snobbery and I can't help but think his opinions are similar when it comes to the subject of national teams.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

I know his dad gets brought up time to time here but I can't help but think he's influencing his son's decision. A year ago his dad made a bunch of discussion posts on a globeandmail.com piece about Toronto FC. He blabbed on and on about how teams from the Czech 3rd division would absolutely destroy Toronto FC. It was the typical extreme euro-snobbery and I can't help but think his opinions are similar when it comes to the subject of national teams.

Is the Czech third division even fully professional?

This guy's a head case.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Is the Czech third division even fully professional?

This guy's a head case.

I kindly detailed the cases of Andre Hainault, Dave Simpson and Paul Munster, guys from USL benches and the CSL that somehow made it on to the books of Slavia and Sparta. His condescending one line reply was "you have no idea of the level of play in the Czech 3rd division."

"How soon we forget." Eight months or so ago, we were hearing and using terms like "troubled kid" and "drama queen". He's still the same soccer player just a few short months later. He is definitely not a hero in MY mind yet. Beard or No beard.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

I'll make a translation of the part that everyone wants to see.

He said that he hates everything around the Canadian team.

He was very blunt!

Wel een dure jongen zo'n Canadees.

Nou nee, Lensky heeft Tsjechische ouders. Dat maakt hem een EU-speler zonder salarisbodem. Officieel moet de speler nog kiezen tussen Canada en Tsjechië, maar hij gaf eerder aan liever voor het laatste land te spelen. En dat herhaalde hij op Zoudenbalch na de trainingen. ,,Het Canadese elftal? Nou, ik heb best een hekel aan alles daar omheen, heb moeite me daarvoor te concentreren.''

Should be an expensive guy since he's from Canada (Non EU players have to earn at least 350.000 euro's year)

Well not really, Lensky's parents are from the Czech Republic and that makes him a EU player with no bottom salary. Officially the player still has to make a decision on his international future, but he has mentioned in the past that he would prefer playing for the Czech Republic. He repeated that after the practice sessions in Zoudenbalch.

''The Canadian team? Well, I don't like whats going on around the team, I would find it hard to focus myself on these things''

That's the translation. He could mean a lot of things with this. He would like to play for the team but some things have to change. Maybe someone from the Canadian media should get stuck in, and ask him specifically what he means.

Jacob played 45mins with FC Utrecht in a 0-0 draw against Serie A club Catania.

In the clip below you'll see Lensky play 1 pass to setup a 3rd goal against Zwolle a week ago.

http://www.fc-utrecht.tv/index.php?item=play&pid=13937

• 2 months later...

Jacob has received a new contract already from FC Utrecht thanks to his great start at the club. He's made 8 starts for a very impressive FC Utrecht side..

League Table Eredivisie:

1 FC Twente 9 7 2 0 23 17 - 7

2 PSV 9 6 3 0 21 22 - 10

3 Ajax 9 6 2 1 20 27 - 7

4 Feyenoord 9 6 2 1 20 17 - 6

5 FC Utrecht 9 5 3 1 18 11 - 6

6 AZ 9 5 0 4 15 16 - 8

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

To be honest, he was not that impressive at the Olympic Qualifiers. Lets let him actually show us something in his career before we take comments from someone who has basically done nothing seriously.

I am quite happy to acknowledge his impressive play at Utrecht and fix my post to read - now that he has proven he can play, let's hope he plays for Canada again in the future. Hopefully, he stays on track.

If I went back in time to last year and told you all that Jacob Lensky would come back as a starting fullback for a top five team in the Eredivisie, half of you would punch me in the testicles and the other half would ask if he'd capped for the Czech Republic yet, then punch me in the testicles.

Great work for Jacob. Better yet, it seems his love of the game is coming back.

Archived