Mtl news - Grande suspended (again)

SANDRO GRANDE SUSPENDED

Following an altercation between midfielder Sandro Grande and captain Mauro Biello during Saturday night’s game in Minnesota, the Montreal Impact has announced disciplinary sanctions against Grande for unsportmanlike conduct.

“Sandro’s gesture was unacceptable and we will take the necessary measures, said Technical Director Nick De Santis. "Even though there is no doubt that the two players have resolved this issue, such actions cannot be tolerated. As a club, we cannot accept such a reaction because it goes against our values and philosophy. In sports like elsewhere in life, regardless of the circumstances or stakes, violence cannot be admitted.”

Sandro Grande will serve a suspension to be determined by the club.

http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1183&Focus=0

Seems like one big dysfunctional family, with GM Desantis suspending the prodigy Grande for choking his brother in law Biello.

I say we organise a tag team championship match between Grande and Biello of Montreal Impact vs. Wesley Charles and Charles Gbeke of Vancouver Whitecaps. Maybe this time they can concentrate on hitting an opponent insteaf of a teammate.

"My my, hey hey

Rock and roll is here to stay

It's better to burn out

Than to fade away

My my, hey hey."

When you aspire to greatness you sometimes climb into the clouds but more often than not crash in spectacular failure. That's the price of chasing the dream with passion and pushing the envelope. But as painful as it is, I would far rather pay my money to watch that than cold, clinical politically correct franchise-USA soccer-as-a-business (which completely ruined our national game).

Freak it out Impact, burn bright.

nah, it's just a realization last year was a fluke and Grande and the boys have come back to reality. If anyone really thought Montreal's season last year was a sign of some longterm trend, they now know it wasn't. Guess when you enjoy the heights, playing in the second division without champions league makes you realize what you had. Must be tough to think the heights are all gone now... sigh.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Seems like one big dysfunctional family, with GM Desantis suspending the prodigy Grande for choking his brother in law Biello.

I say we organise a tag team championship match between Grande and Biello of Montreal Impact vs. Wesley Charles and Charles Gbeke of Vancouver Whitecaps. Maybe this time they can concentrate on hitting an opponent insteaf of a teammate.

I'm betting on the Charles's to kick ass!!! ;)

quote:Originally posted by jimmynow

nah, it's just a realization last year was a fluke and Grande and the boys have come back to reality. If anyone really thought Montreal's season last year was a sign of some longterm trend, they now know it wasn't. Guess when you enjoy the heights, playing in the second division without champions league makes you realize what you had. Must be tough to think the heights are all gone now... sigh.

You seem overly harsh on Montreal.

quote:Originally posted by jimmynow

nah, it's just a realization last year was a fluke and Grande and the boys have come back to reality.

Yes, it was such a fluke that they made it to the quarterfinals

of the CONCACAF Champions League, unlike many MLS, Costa Rican,

Honduran, Trinidadian, and USL teams.

The problems with their post-CL run was more internal, rather

than their "luck" running out in the first place.

Archived