GC - July 18th - Canada vs. Honduras

jpg75

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by JimmyJames

From the people at Sportsnet

Thanks for your recent email. Actually, we have changed our schedule.

We will indeed be airing the Canada/Honduras match live across all Sportsnet channels.

Sincerely

Jim LaChapelle

Audience Relations

Maybe it was the email I sent which likened their programme planning department with a buffoonery of orangutans.

I notice on their schedule for Saturday that the Blue Jays game is supposed to end an hour before the game starts and connected or something is on for the hour between games. This gives the Blue Jays an hour to stop gobbing on the field and scratching their packets before kickoff.

Honduras has been Humiliating us for 5 years now. I am SICK TO DEATH of losing to Honduras!!!!!!!

We need to win, and we need to win Big. I don't just want to advance. I want our pride back.

May we destroy them so bad that for the next thousand years not even a single lizard will survive in their desert!!!!

May Stephen Hart drink the blood of every single man woman and child in Honduras!!!!

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Canada 8:0 Honduras

Gerba x5

Simpson

De Guzman

Sutton

Yes! LOVE IT!

Sample comment after the game: "Sure, Ali scored 5 goals, but besides that, he didn't even look like he was interested and barely ran. Too bad because he could be quite the player. I'd say overall he had a B- game."

I still think the whole quarter finals were a sham set up. How is it that the US and Mexico draw such easy teams. Because those countries give the best TV ratings and generate the most interest in the Gold Cup. CONCACAF has chosen the US and Mexico as their "representatives" and now wwe all have to endure matchups like these. Not fair. Honduras is the best team outside of US and Mexico. I'm hoping that this new Team Canada (nnot the one whol played Honduras in the WC qualifiers) can take it to them.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Will Hart play Sutton again?

Unless he's taken leave of his senses I'm sure he will. I had wanted to see Wagenaar but it's too late now to start playing musical keepers. I'm hoping Sutton won't have too much to do. If our backline plays the way I know they can play, and if we can keep the midfield under control and not allow the Hondurans to launch too many attacks and put Sutts under sustained pressure, we might get away with it.

quote:Originally posted by footballfreak

Oh FFS! That's the ref from Mexico-Panama. He shouldn't be working again at all and they give him this match?[xx(]

Not only that, but why are they assigning a Ref from a country that we just eliminated from tourney?

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Not only that, but why are they assigning a Ref from a country that we just eliminated from tourney?

Honduras beat El Salvador in the Hex about one month ago. Not sure it's a valid reason (having eliminated El Salvador with the help of Jamaica) not to assign a ref for a game. Incompetence on the other side is....

quote:Originally posted by ottawaguy2009

I still think the whole quarter finals were a sham set up. How is it that the US and Mexico draw such easy teams. Because those countries give the best TV ratings and generate the most interest in the Gold Cup. CONCACAF has chosen the US and Mexico as their "representatives" and now wwe all have to endure matchups like these. Not fair. Honduras is the best team outside of US and Mexico. I'm hoping that this new Team Canada (nnot the one whol played Honduras in the WC qualifiers) can take it to them.

Well, the argument all along was that Canada got stuck in the group of death for this Gold Cup. Now that the knockout round is upon us, we can't now complain that the second-place finisher in Group "B" is the 3rd best team in CONCACAF.

Pretty clear that Costa Rica is in fact top 3 these days, not Honduras. We will have to take one of the other top three on our march to the Gold Cup gold medal, so bring Honduras on.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Honduras beat El Salvador in the Hex about one month ago. Not sure it's a valid reason (having eliminated El Salvador with the help of Jamaica) not to assign a ref for a game. Incompetence on the other side is....

In UEFA they tend to avoid this sort of thing. They used to in FIFA as well, although one notable time they didn't (Ecuadoran Ref for Italy vs. South Korea after Italy beat Ecuador in the first round) demonstrated why it is probably a good idea.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

In UEFA they tend to avoid this sort of thing. They used to in FIFA as well, although one notable time they didn't (Ecuadoran Ref for Italy vs. South Korea after Italy beat Ecuador in the first round) demonstrated why it is probably a good idea.

That's why UEFA choosed an Roberto Rosetti from Italy for last year Euro final involving Spain who just eliminated Italy a few days earlier....

Anyways, in our case, both teams have beaten El Salvador lately so I'm confident he'll be fair in his incompetence.

Guest Jeffery S.

Do you guys realize how much hate there is between virtually all Central American countries and all of them against the Mexicans? Sure, they may favour a certain type of play, but the way to solve time wasting and diving is to get ahead and stay ahead and not let them take runs in our box. Easy ain't it? We make our own luck as I see it, if we want to win the thing it seems reasonable to have to deal with Honduras in quarter finals.

Archived