FULL TIME Vancouver Soccer Show - Question Begovic

Full-Time

In June of 2009, Bosnia and Herzegovina manager Miroslav Blazevic told sportsport.ba that Asmir Begovic had committed to play for Bosnia.

Last week, on the July 5th edition of Full-Time: Vancouver's Soccer Show, Canada's interim head coach Stephen Hart said that he didn't believe Begovic had committed himself to the Bosnian national squad and when all was said and done, he would likely choose Canada.

We've all heard what each coach has to say, but what about Asmir Begovic? What are his intentions? Well you can find out Sunday, July 12th at 9pm on Full-Time: Vancouver's Soccer Show as the Portsmouth goalkeeper joins Tyler Green and Mike Martignago for an exclusive interview where he answers all the questions about his international future.

Full-Time: Vancouver's Soccer Show can be heard live on the AM dial at 1040 or online at http://team1040.ca/

For more information, visit http://fulltimefootballshow.blogspot.com

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds very intriging. I hope he has chosen Canada. I also wonder whether he will get shot at Portsmouth as the number 1 at all. David James is getting up there in age, so curious to hear his thoughts. Looking forward to the interview on Sunday night.

Not so sure it's good news. Remember a year or two ago, when Jonathan DeGuzman hadn't committed to Holland yet? Sportsnet ran with a blurb/teaser that JDG2 would declare his international future on an upcoming edition of Soccer Central. In the end, they showed a taped interview where JDG2 was as non-committal as he always was back then.

This smacks of a cheap ratings grab by that radio station's marketting department.

Not so sure it's good news. Remember a year or two ago, when Jonathan DeGuzman hadn't committed to Holland yet? Sportsnet ran with a blurb/teaser that JDG2 would declare his international future on an upcoming edition of Soccer Central. In the end, they showed a taped interview where JDG2 was as non-committal as he always was back then.

This smacks of a cheap ratings grab by that radio station's marketting department.

Exactly. Full-Time, it would be more responsible to simply say you will ask him what his intentions are. I doubt he will say anything aside from he is weighing his options, etc.

EDIT: BY THE WAY, thanks for getting an interview with him and asking him the question that needs to be asked!

Mod Post: This thread title should be renamed - so I have. Unless you have a direct quote from Asmir, which you can post, stating "I will declare my international intentions" or something along those lines, this is a misleading thread title. THANKS for your understanding guys.

quote:Originally posted by Dare431

Very good point. Unless he turns out to be a real big dick about it (which I really could never see). Good news? I'll read the forum Monday morning as I have to be at work early, too late to stay up. :D

The interview will be available via the podcast once we have chatted with Asmir. So you can download it and hear for yourself what he has to say. As for the title change, that is fine... but you will get an answer on whether it will be for Canada or Bosnia. We're not going to let him be vague (re: de Guzman). We want an answer as much as you do.

Archived