Dejan Jakovic?

FootieFool

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Jakovic is injured.

What exactly is wrong and whether or not he will be available for the quarter-final is unknown. Hart has been fairly tight-lipped about the injury situation.

Crap. Hope he'll be back in for quarters. His abscence was felt last night.

BTW, great work with the coverage. Are you guys footing the bill on your own? If so, do you have a PayPal account? I (and I am sure a few others here) would love to pony up and buy you guys a meal with a donation.

If he can't play I DEFINITELY don't want to see Hastings start. I'd go with McKenna - Hainault. But still that is going to suck I don't see those two working well together at all. Jakovic and McKenna work so well together, we missed him last night for sure.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

If he can't play I DEFINITELY don't want to see Hastings start. I'd go with McKenna - Hainault. But still that is going to suck I don't see those two working well together at all. Jakovic and McKenna work so well together, we missed him last night for sure.

Yeh, I agree...the best case scenario is when we have a Jakovic/Serioux type next to Mckenna/Hainault type. Putting two of of similar style next to each other doesn't sound promising to me at all.

I know this won't happen, but it's a pity we couldn't be given the same privelages as the Americans, and be allowed to fly in Serioux for the game.

quote:Originally posted by FootieFool

Crap. Hope he'll be back in for quarters. His abscence was felt last night.

BTW, great work with the coverage. Are you guys footing the bill on your own? If so, do you have a PayPal account? I (and I am sure a few others here) would love to pony up and buy you guys a meal with a donation.

I second the comment regarding sending some money your way. Let us know if you've set up a Paypal account, and if you haven't then I hope you do so that we can send some pecuniary love your way.

I'm not worrying too much about it. Sure it's just a little strain here or there so if resting him against Costa Rica gave him a couple more days of rest and didn't expose him to the rigors of playing on the plastic at FIU then good move. I expect to see him Saturday but I guess we'll know when we know.

He has looked outstanding though hasn't he?

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

I'm not worrying too much about it. Sure it's just a little strain here or there so if resting him against Costa Rica gave him a couple more days of rest and didn't expose him to the rigors of playing on the plastic at FIU then good move. I expect to see him Saturday but I guess we'll know when we know.

He has looked outstanding though hasn't he?

His coolness when he passing the ball up to the midfielders is what has impressed me most. And he rarely makes a bad pass. It doesn't hurt that he plays with midfielders that know how to find space, but it's going to be fun watching him as he gets better and better.

quote:Originally posted by Metro

His coolness when he passing the ball up to the midfielders is what has impressed me most. And he rarely makes a bad pass. It doesn't hurt that he plays with midfielders that know how to find space, but it's going to be fun watching him as he gets better and better.

He looks like he's got the goods. I like his ball playing skills back there and he's got pretty good wheels and anticipation.

We need him for the QF.

• 1 month later...

Archived