July 11th - SJ Earthquakes vs TFC [R]

Might as well start a thread given nobody else has.

According to mediaguy, O'Brian White is set to make his debut:-

http://www.24thminute.com/2009/07/tfc-to-be-red-and-white-in-san-jose.html

Probably means somebody has mentioned that he looks fully recovered now in training and a case of adding two and two beyond that. :)

Think one thing to watch is if any of the big names sit this one out because management doesn't want to risk somebody getting injured who is about to be moved out to clear up cap space because JDG's arrival is imminent. Ives Galarcep has speculated that TFC players are currently being shopped around the league with a view to a trade:-

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/07/deguzman-weighing-significant-offer-from-toronto-fc.html

Sources have told SBI that TFC has already begun shopping other players in order to make room under the cap in case DeGuzman does accept the offer, with Welsh midfielder Carl Robinson likely to be dealt to make way for the Canadian national team captain. The rapid rise of rookie midfielder Sam Cronin, and Amado Guevara's ability to play a deeper midfield role, would make Robinson expendable of DeGuzman were on board, and Robinson's salary slot would make squeezing a DeGuzman DP salary onto the salary cap that much easier.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ there was a comment made by Craig Forrest or Dobber on Tuesday night that Guevara went back to Honduras for a few days last week to be with family but now might not be able to get out in time for Saturday's game due to the "troubles" taking place in that country right now.

that would not be good. I know guevara looked pretty crap last time vs. RSL but without him, they look even worse.

While SJ has looked much brighter lately, I would hope the boys could put together a solid effort and take home three points from this one.

I don't know if Galarcep's rumour should be taken to mean JDG's arrival is 'imminent,' but it certainly sounds like he must be considering it quite considerably hehe.

im watching the game on a stream from comcast and the anouncers are so annoying. they are giving 2 assists out lik ein hockey. the mls only gives one assist out right?

they are also repeating what the other guy says its really annoying. i wish i could watch this game on sportsnet but i only hae west

It's so nice to watch a game on a great grass pitch. I'm getting really tired of turf. From a fans perspective games on grass are far more controlled and attractive to watch.

Not surprised Vitti scored with his head and not his feet :)

Good result. But the backline still needs work. And for everybody that goes on and on about how great Serioux is...this game proves to me that he is utter crap. Poor passing, poor positioning, mis-timed tackles, bad decisions...it goes on and on. I know you're going to say that he wasn't in his normal position, but I'm sorry. Imposter, and the most over-rated player on TFC.

quote:Originally posted by kcisoul

im watching the game on a stream from comcast and the anouncers are so annoying. they are giving 2 assists out lik ein hockey. the mls only gives one assist out right?

they are also repeating what the other guy says its really annoying. i wish i could watch this game on sportsnet but i only hae west

MLS gives two...

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Ya, that great set-up pass to Guevara (who almost put it away) was crap. [?][?][?]

True. Indeed, he set Guevara up twice... early with a sharp sweeping pass back as he attacked the goal (Guevara skied it), and then later with an in-a-crowd pass forward ...

Sometimes he could put a little more mustard on some of them but nobody is perfect.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Good result. But the backline still needs work. And for everybody that goes on and on about how great Serioux is...this game proves to me that he is utter crap. Poor passing, poor positioning, mis-timed tackles, bad decisions...it goes on and on. I know you're going to say that he wasn't in his normal position, but I'm sorry. Imposter, and the most over-rated player on TFC.

......and again, I completely disagree with you.He is the best passer out of the back. Best skills on the ball. Yeah, he has the occasional mis-timed tackle and poor decision - but what physical defender doesn't? Actually, the best defender lately has been "young" Nana.

So is the glass half-full or half empty?

Half-Full: TFC tied for first place

Half empty: TFC 2 points from being out of a playoff position

TFC will need a minimum of 17 points from the last 13 games to make the playoffs.

A 5-6-2 record would be enough. Only 5 of those game are at home

Archived