Harmse Replacement?

Keegan

I saw in an article that Harmse was unfit or injured or something and was sent back to his club. Who replaces him? If it has to be one of the taxi squad players i guess Pozniak? If not then I'd like them to get creative... Ethan Gage? Eddy Sidra? T. Ricketts? Andrew Ornoch? All would be good calls over a guy like Pozniak who we know what he's all about

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Given Pozniak is out of contract right now would he be willing to risk injury?

Not like hes going to play much if at all, he didn't last time around on a weaker squad. And if he does im sure he'll be fine for the 20 minutes a match he does. Will be a good chance for him to stay fit in competitive training.

Why not call up a younger player like Gage or Attakora for the spot? It's pretty much guaranteed that they'd only see 20 minutes every other game depending on how far we go, plus this squad is about getting younger players capped. With such positive play at TFC, I think Nana deserves a call up (especially since Serioux elected to stay back with the club).

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Why not call up a younger player like Gage or Attakora for the spot? It's pretty much guaranteed that they'd only see 20 minutes every other game depending on how far we go, plus this squad is about getting younger players capped. With such positive play at TFC, I think Nana deserves a call up (especially since Serioux elected to stay back with the club).

Its against the rules but yes one of them should have been on the back up list!

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Given Pozniak is out of contract right now would he be willing to risk injury?

IIRC, we have always had at least one unattached player at each Gold Cup. I think they either pay for their own insurance or work out something with the CSA and then look at it as an ongoing job interview, a chance to showcase their skills. Pozniak is the obvious choice as he is versatile and has played with many members of the squad before. He's also hanging around Toronto, (isn't he?) and therefore wouldn't need long to get there or adjust to whichever time zone we are playing in that day.

Poz is the natural choice to replace Harmse. If anyone is going to be called in from the 23 man roster, it would be Poz. The team only has 20 guys in camp. Poz, Stama and Gbeke were on the roster for emergency reasons.

Archived