GC - July 7 - Canada vs El Salvador(R)

loyola

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall a fairly good game, obviously not taking our chances after Gerba's goal is disapointing but our defensive shape was really good and we kept possession well and closed out the game with a win and locked up a spot in the next round. Now we need a result vs CR to lock up first place.

quote:Originally posted by Vancity Tim

Wow that could have/should have been 4-0 if any of the guys up front could finish! Solid second half for sure though.

Should have been? I think it should have been 2-0, but let us not assume goals from every opportunity. But oh man, Bernier should have hit the net!

I have to say that I was impressed by Canada. We controlled the bal alot more than El Salvador and we outchanced them by a wide margin. BUt I also agree we should have buried a few of those close range shots. Nevertheless, great win.

We had lots of chances to make it 2-0 at least. Our lack of finish, aside from Ali Gerba, worries me. Sutton & Stalteri were the only ones who I think were questionable but only on occasion. Mostly they played well. The rest of the team was very solid and JDG should put out a video "Shielding The Ball With Your Body". Damn is he good at that.

another W! that makes four in a row..im loving it. lets keep it up on friday. We are playing the best football in awhile, great play out of JDG and Hutch, great positioning and possession from the whole team for the most part. DeJong looked terrible in his little time out there.

Nice tidy win. Not too many tense moments but I was looking for an ES dive in the box at the end.

6pts should be enough now although we could lose first or second with a loss to CR and a ES win over Jamaica on Friday. We'll be through with at least a third place anyway.

Archived