GC - July 7 - Canada vs El Salvador(R)

loyola

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bad, yeah 1-0 I just saw it. De Guz is playing a lot better this game. I think the more technical (and smaller El Salvadorians) suit his playing style, he's not getting knocked around anymore. That and he brought back his old hair :D

It’s funny; the Setanta guys are calling the Canadians boring and slow and only going backwards. What I was seeing was a very composed team working a plan to perfection and are now in the lead.

the are going backwards abit but that's fine if your offense is showing some life when they get it. The passing (especially De Guzman is almost inch perfect) is technically superb and fairly creative.

I also like how their naturally putting it out of play on defence, that's pretty much defence 101 for counter attacks.

Slow game, we have to admit, but Salvador has to fasten it up if they want !

Except that, Canada gives me an excellent impression : lot of application, good passes, great recuperation work by the midfielders

And Ali for the goal :)

And that team got no preparation...

I hope the second half is a confirmation of the first

Canada is playing a very patient game and have been rewarded. They are anticipating El Salvador's passes and have gained a lot of possession.

El Salvador is giving the ball away very cheaply though. Very bad play by their defender on the Canada goal. He couldn't handle Stalteri's cross at all.

I don't understand how ES made the Hex. They look to be a worse opponent than St.Vincent.

Still lot's of time to go but Canada just has to duplicate their first half performance to get the 3pts.

Well done to the traveling Voyageurs. Nice display of red and the return of the Super Canucks banner. Watch out for the ES fans behind you.:)

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

The Setanta guys are awful, just plain awful. So bad it is almost funny.

Yea they stink. "Paul" Sutton? At least the other guy corrected him. Later the clueless one said Sutton plays for TFC.... not recently. If they get too annoying I'll switch to the Spanish feed. It will make as much sense as these 2 bozos ;)

Boring? I don't think so. Control, position, possession, passing and we are up 1-0! Now if Greg Sutton would just STAY IN THE BOX when he is going to use his hands I'll be happy.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

I don't understand how ES made the Hex. They look to be a worse opponent than St.Vincent.

El Salvador earned their place but having Haiti and Suriname in their semi-final group helped them.

Setanta can suck it, Canada is playing well keeping possession and anticipating well. When we get the ball we are being patient and retaining possession nice to see a Canadian team do that, and when we are going forward we are'nt just hitting long balls. ES should fatigue later in the game chasing us around like they are and we should be able to punish them especially when jackson comes off the bench.

Sigh at not having Hart in charge for the WCQ, he is 10x better than Mitchell and has showed it every chance he has had.

Archived