Gold Cup 2009 Odds

Lordsnooty

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Costa Rica 2.00 Draw 3.30 Canada 3.75

Amacpher, if you're looking for a good bet try the "Draw No Bet". Canada is paying 2.62. Or the Asian Handicap has Canada at 1.775 for +0.5 which means you win if it ends in a draw.

Thanks. I'll think about the Draw No bet. I'm torn b/w that and just picking a draw, since that's a good result for both teams.

If Canada wins this thing a few of us are in for some money...

I got us at 48:1 on betfair. I only put $25 down, but still not too bad.

I don't actually think we're going to win but 48:1 was stupid bad handicapping (like someone might get fired handicapping if it plays. You don't list a team at 48:1 that has been to the semis or better three times in the last five tournaments...).

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

If Canada wins this thing a few of us are in for some money...

I got us at 48:1 on betfair. I only put $25 down, but still not too bad.

I don't actually think we're going to win but 48:1 was stupid bad handicapping (like someone might get fired handicapping if it plays. You don't list a team at 48:1 that has been to the semis or better three times in the last five tournaments...).

Handicapping has very little to do with who prediciting a winner and everything to do with making sure the bookies are not killed by a result. 48-1 is likley required to attract money to offset the money being dropped on the US and/or Mexico to win. Bookies spread out the risk and will make more or less the same profit if Canada wins at 48-1 as the US or Mexico winning at the lower odds. Remember, the house never gambles...

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Handicapping has very little to do with who prediciting a winner and everything to do with making sure the bookies are not killed by a result. 48-1 is likley required to attract money to offset the money being dropped on the US and/or Mexico to win. Bookies spread out the risk and will make more or less the same profit if Canada wins at 48-1 as the US or Mexico winning at the lower odds. Remember, the house never gambles...

Of course it's a risk/reward thing...but they don't want to get burnt by an undervalued team. The 48:1 line was way too big of a risk for the house. Canada would have likely received the perfect amount of action at about 15:1 to 20:1.

Archived