Canada Games

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

Too bad Trillium can't understand that bit. Much like his lack of intelligence in the thread about the nationals.

What bit Doyle.. ? My point in the thread was and is bring the good athelete to good coaching, that a athlete who says hey .. it would have been better if the facility was here when I was coming up .. of course he would say that, and he is right .. but the point is he achieved without it but with a coach who had the right knowledge and experience and Gold medal winning history to prepare him.

Or are you trying to say Doyle that his coach was not part of the equation ?

Seriously man .. take your head and give it a shake, when you can follow the thread and make a relevant comment do so.

McKennan the question to ask Jarred next time is .. if the facility was there when he got to offer from U of T, would he have gone south for the coaching and competitive environment ?

You being a man who cries like a f***ing baby over why PEI gets a stadium and his home town won't build him one. That's all you came ton this thread to talk about: How your community is being "discriminated" against based on area code.

You spend your whole time screaming like a little girl and you bring nothing of value to the discussion. You did the same thing in the NCAA thread and the thread on the nationals. You have no concept on how the real world operates. Instead of complaining to your city council over a lack of facilities, you attack the people of PEI for no f**ing reason. Everyone else has gotten the point on this except the pathetic piece of garbage that is yourself.

If you can't even act as if your IQ is teh same as your age, then shut up and move along.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

You being a man who cries like a f***ing baby over why PEI gets a stadium and his home town won't build him one. That's all you came ton this thread to talk about: How your community is being "discriminated" against based on area code.

You spend your whole time screaming like a little girl and you bring nothing of value to the discussion. You did the same thing in the NCAA thread and the thread on the nationals. You have no concept on how the real world operates. Instead of complaining to your city council over a lack of facilities, you attack the people of PEI for no f**ing reason. Everyone else has gotten the point on this except the pathetic piece of garbage that is yourself.

If you can't even act as if your IQ is teh same as your age, then shut up and move along.

DoyleG glad to see your in fine form today love the vitrol, and just when did I ever attack the people in PEI, all I have said form the beginning was ... Canada Games is a waste of time as it is currently set up, others argued the value was the legacy of facilitys left behind, I pointed out facilitys with out top level coaching does not produce international champions.

You apparently have it in your head that the existance of a track absent a world class coach and competitive training environment will in some miracle akin the fairy folk and the pots of gold at the end of a rainbow produce world class athletes.

Now seriously when you can get on a more even keel and make a rational statement on why you think the facility creates the athlete, I might find a middle ground and agree to some points you might make, when all you can do is rant and roar with bluster and blarney its hard to take your opinions as being formed by experience, knowledge or logic.

But hey ... what ever makes your Monday go around.

PS.. are you coming to Montreal to watch the Whitecaps play the Impact ?

For the population of PEI I believe we do quite well with players making Nationals team appearances (wheather it be youth or senior or olympic) with better facilities and more adequit areas to train and improve ther performances PEI will not only compete on the national level but with the drive of islanders I believe they/we will start to excel!!!

• 3 weeks later...

me and Timma may be a bit biased...

I coach one of the U18 clubs on PEI, my team provided the CG squad with 7 bodies. I have coached these boys since 12, all the way up to present time. It isnt a fluke that we beat Ont, or lost to Alberta in extra time. Its been happening for years.

And for whoever says the CG is NOT a breeding ground for the national teams, thats why ALL the CSA coaches were around. They were talking, and offering tryouts to some boys.

There was a lot of noise about why PEI spent this much money on facilities, while the taxpayers were left with the brunt. I really hope everyone pays attention to PEI soccer over the next 10 years. We finally got a NTC built this summer, and the youth that are coming up now are already benefitting from it. You are going to see more PEI players floating around the national system. The really crazy thing about PEI (and NFLD mind you) is that we have so much more to play for than most other provinces, Now that we will soon have the technical ability so compete with other provinces (eventually), we will have something extra. The coaches now were not taught the technical side of the game, we were all taught the heart side of the game. I really do believe when an big 4 province steps up against a small 4 (PEI, NB, NFLD, Yukon/NWT), who do you think plays with more heart? I keep NS separate because they have a proven program that has won them many medals, many times. Also, their population is a lot larger. When the small 4 does catch up technically, there is going to be a new kind of soccer. Technical, plus heart.

Rob:

I hear ya. You need heart to win games...but you still need the skill. You still need to pass, score, and keep the ball out of the net.

I have been there too. I remember the one time I played in New Brunswick in U-14 provincials (AA at the time) we were heavy underdogs. We were merely a house league team ffs. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for either coaches (one being technical and the other being a great motivator we wouldn't have won. By your logic, Yukon would have beaten a province by now and NB would have done just as well as last time out. Why didn't they? Lack of skill.

Congrats you beating Ontario. I think PEI does have the skill and can challenge some provinces. A far cry from a few years ago when they were walkovers to nb

Archived