Begovic to Bosnia?

nolando

I'm almost certain he wont play against Armenia. But Bosnia is playing a friendly in August and that's when he will test Begovic. Even though he wouldn't be cap-tied with that friendly match, no one will change their national team and then change back.

TRANSCRIPT FROM 'FULL-TIME' RADIO SHOW JULY 5TH:

HART:

"I had invited him (BEGOVIC), he had a situation where he could not come in. He said he was happy to come in and would have, had this situation not occurred. I have a feeling he's gonna play for us. He's played for us since under-17 and I think in the end he'll play for Canada"

Interviewer: "He didn't imply or give any indication he was leaning towards Bosnia?"

HART:

"No, no he didn't. I spoke with him when we were in Cyprus we had chat, he couldn't come in at the time, because of course, DAvid James's injury (at Portsmouth)and I spoke with him about coming in for the Gold Cup and there was no indication of Bosnia, I mean it's always been a discussion and a rumor, but he didn't say anything to me. At the end of the day he is going to make a decision what's best for him and I don't know who can influence that, I think it's really his decision in the end."

^ It's a loss. Sutton is great shot stopper no argument from anyone one this board. Sutton's distribution has always been questionable and prone to gaffs. Not too mention Asmir will be keeper playing at good European clubs for the next decade from the looks of it, which is a huge boost for this program.

• 10 years later...

Was feeling nostalgic and wanted to refresh my memory of the exact events. This was only one of many on the player but one of the more eventful threads of its time, marking a big turning point ..The reading is still very interesting (if still painful) for CMNT history, anyways.

Edited by nolando

I find it amazing how often the CSA was tipped off about a major player issue or new eligible player through our supporters and forum.

Picture in this particular case, Dino calling them to say, hey guys, I think you should call Asmir,  based on one of our threads. Liam's dad is only the most recent in a long line of players and family members (Daniel Fernandes, Stalteri's wife, Josh Simpson's Dad, etc.) and well-informed fans who have made this such a fun place over the years, despite the current rather sorry state of things.

21 hours ago, nolando said:

I find it amazing how often the CSA was tipped off about a major player issue or new eligible player through our supporters and forum.

Picture in this particular case, Dino calling them to say, hey guys, I think you should call Asmir,  based on one of our threads. 

Wow

i didn’t know that happened. Was it before u20 world cup or after ?