tfc tfc tfc

bingham

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Trident, MTL starting lineup had 6 players who started in at least one game in the V Cup. In the 5 who didn't (Byers, Srdjan, Mayard, Mayard and Donatelli) only the Mayard brothers could be consider as inexperienced players. Byers has been a sub in 2 other V Cup games. Srdjan has some MLS and USL experience. Donatelli has played over 80 games in the USL since 2006.

The lineup MTL used was experienced enough to come away with a better result than 6-1. I don't know many teams who when they are fielding 6 players "starters" (well, let say who are consider good enough to start when it count), 3 others decent back up with decent pro experience and 2 youngsters (who didn't looked out of place in the case of PRM) who'll pass from a 1-0 team to a 6-1 team.

Yes, this wasn't MTL strongest lineup but it's still no excuses for crashing like that. That was a decent starting 11 and the players used were no slouches, the subs were pretty good (Pesoli, Placentino and Brillant). Stop making it sound like MTL used a reserve team, only 2 players are really "reserves" and the 12 others who played that game were consider good enough for MTL roster.

The real difference was Srdjan who had an off night. 3 goals were on him. You played your back up keeper and you paid the price.

MTL was supposed to be the class of USL, they had depth and 2 good players at almost every position and keeping everyone happy was supposed to be a problem for the coaching staff. So, how come this perfectly legit lineup compose of players good enough to help MTL in a long CCL run lost 6-1 to a team of a similar level?

There's not that much difference between your 11 regulars and the team that played thursday to justify this kind of gap.

Please remember that Antonio Ribeiro, who's playing in the MLS right now, wasn't good enough to make the team....

How is having an irregular back four, and a backup goalie not a valid excuse for a game where 6 goals were allowed?

Also, Byers played because Sebrango and Brown didn't, Grande didn't play, DiLo and Pesoli came off of injury, sakuda's a cunt who never have been signed let alone started.

If you asked any fan of the impact if last night represented the team at all, I would assure you no one would say "yes, that summarises our team exactly"

THis is my team:

Jordan

pizzo, pesoli, zanzan, braz(surprenant?)

Placentino, Dilo, Grande,Donatelli(?)

Eddy, Brown

Point is, the team that played the last Vcup game is not indicative of Montreal at all.

THat is what I am saying, TFC was motivated, and that coupled with the fact they played scrub= a voyageurs cup win.

Say whatever you want, but I, and many other fans of the team would say that was not our Best XI, only ones we had to use to stupid coaching and injuries.

quote:Originally posted by Jeremy Loome

There's your answer, Loyola. They're not of similar level. Toronto has played down to the USL clubs' level before now, and this time was publicly shamed by a protest in Toronto into playing like it counted.

I agree that the protests by RPB and NEE (maybe U-Sector too not 100% sure what their posture was) may have had an effect by making it clear to some of the players how much the Canadian Championship matters to the hardcore TFC fanbase (i.e. this isn't like the US Open Cup in many American cities) but I think people should also ponder what would have happened in the two games at BMO Field if TFC had a forward of the quality of Landon Donovan rather than spending over 500k on the salaries of Chad Barrett and Pablo Vitti. There was arguably much more of a gulf in standards in those two games than the 1-0 scorelines would suggest.

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

Like you guys did last year?? [:P]

Too simplistic.

TFC fans last year blamed the players for not caring, Cunningham for not being able to score, etc.

The theme was that they were still our players we were blaming. We acknowledged they were TFC.

This year we have Impact fans making claims that it wasn't even their team out there on Thursday. Stating that we played the Attak and some other BS.

There were 11 players wearing Impact jerseys, being paid by the Impact, playing at Stade Saputo. It WAS the Impact that TFC beat. Player selection does not change that fact.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Just Matt Jordan by himself, saves 2 of those goals. Not to mention the combination of Pisoli and Pizzolitto at CB. TFC would have won the game, but not the championship. Sorry Vancouver.

Thats a fair assessment, but in the last 10 min, TFC reverted to defense. Yet, had Matt Jordon made a couple of saves on some of the goals, TFC just would have pushed harder.

Not to say TFC would score 6-1, but they certainly would have fought for it

If Matt Jordan had been between the sticks, just him alone, that game is like 3-1 or 4-1. First goal wouldn't have gone in. Serge gifted a not marked DeRo that overhead goal. The Second is touch and go, DeRo was in acres. I think 3-4 of those goals were bad keeping, and wouldn't have been allowed by Frei, Sutton, Nolly, Jordan, etc etc etc. Serge has been with so many teams in a short while for a reason. He is sh1te.

Serge had a terrible night, and got pumped.

At the end of the day TFC did what they had to, against a team they didn't select the players for.

quote:Originally posted by Johnnyranger

If Matt Jordan had been between the sticks, just him alone, that game is like 3-1 or 4-1. First goal wouldn't have gone in. Serge gifted a not marked DeRo that overhead goal. The Second is touch and go, DeRo was in acres. I think 3-4 of those goals were bad keeping, and wouldn't have been allowed by Frei, Sutton, Nolly, Jordan, etc etc etc. Serge has been with so many teams in a short while for a reason. He is sh1te.

Serge had a terrible night, and got pumped.

At the end of the day TFC did what they had to, against a team they didn't select the players for.

The first game in Stade Saputo, we had so much fun making fun of Srdj, and you could plainly see he wasn't able to block us out.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

The first game in Stade Saputo, we had so much fun making fun of Srdj, and you could plainly see he wasn't able to block us out.

Didn't Sutton play that night?

Never mind, I forgot the Impact hosted Vancouver a few days previous.

Guest speedmonk42

I dunno.

1. A bicycle kick. A weird one for any keeper.

2. A Deflection off a defender.

3. A breakaway. Can you really fault a keeper on that?

4. A fantastic free kick over the wall and in. No chance for the keeper

It was just one of those days. I don't think it is fair to burn the keeper or think you need you burn the house down.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

I dunno.

1. A bicycle kick. A weird one for any keeper.

2. A Deflection off a defender.

3. A breakaway. Can you really fault a keeper on that?

4. A fantastic free kick over the wall and in. No chance for the keeper

It was just one of those days. I don't think it is fair to burn the keeper or think you need you burn the house down.

The first goal was a bicycle kick that resulted from a corner that the keeper misplayed and should have caught or at the very least punched out to a position where noone could score. The 3rd goal was a breakaway but yes you can fault the keeper when the shooter shoots the ball right at him. Typical poor finishing by DeRo on the break but he lucks out because the keeper flubbed it. Indeed DeRo was shooting it right at the keeper again on the 2nd goal but got lucky with the deflection. Goals 2 and 4 he had no chance on but 1 and 3 were absolutely his fault.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

The first goal was a bicycle kick that resulted from a corner that the keeper misplayed and should have caught or at the very least punched out to a position where noone could score. The 3rd goal was a breakaway but yes you can fault the keeper when the shooter shoots the ball right at him. Typical poor finishing by DeRo on the break but he lucks out because the keeper flubbed it. Indeed DeRo was shooting it right at the keeper again on the 2nd goal but got lucky with the deflection. Goals 2 and 4 he had no chance on but 1 and 3 were absolutely his fault.

Thats harsh. It wasn't a break, but Barretts service last night to De-Ro Against New York was close to a break, and De-Ro finished the lob ball beautifully.

You create your own luck... I think your criticism of shooting the ball right at the keeper is a Barrett fault, not De-Ro.

Archived